Davies Out, Pearce In,Pearce Out, Big Dougie In!

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In. Starting next season. Not Sven.

Zabbasbeard said:
aguero93:20 said:
Vienna_70 said:
Pearce was on a one-my ear rolling contract, so he was ALWAYS 12 months away from the end of it.

And why give John Wardle stick? If it wasn't for him - and David Making - City would have ceased to exist. We owe everything to them and all of us should be eternally grateful that they were prepared to put millions of their own money into the club in order to keep Manchester City afloat.
Exactly, didn't Wardle help fund the club when Noodlehead was fucking around and not paying wages as well? If I ever meet the man I'll buy him a drink.

I'd buy him a drink too.

The hierarchy at the club then deserves the same recognition as the 1999 play off winning team. Afloat is one thing, top flight survival is another, even with a mammoth stadium.

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In. Not Sven or Warnock.

Pearce's greatest legacy to City is Joe Hart.

He recognised his talent and we got him for a relative steal. Wouldn't be surprised if Micah went there.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2715948/Nottingham-Forest-no-right-win-Premier-League-promotion-says-Stuart-Pearce-ahead-Championship-season.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... eason.html</a>

Not a happy bunny.

Re: Davies Out, Pearce In. Not Sven. Psycho throws a strop.

Forest are in serious financial oomshka it seems.

Pearce took a risk taking this job, could seriously tarnish his hero status there.

Kun Aguero said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2715948/Nottingham-Forest-no-right-win-Premier-League-promotion-says-Stuart-Pearce-ahead-Championship-season.html

Not a happy bunny.

I can't say I blame him.

To sell two young players of enormous potential without the manager's agreement stinks of dictatorship.

A much as City supporters have little time for Pearce and his negative tactics, I'm sure most of is will sympathise with him for having to operate under these conditions.

Vienna_70 said:
Kun Aguero said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2715948/Nottingham-Forest-no-right-win-Premier-League-promotion-says-Stuart-Pearce-ahead-Championship-season.html

Not a happy bunny.

I can't say I blame him.

To sell two young players of enormous potential without the manager's agreement stinks of dictatorship.

A much as City supporters have little time for Pearce and his negative tactics, I'm sure most of is will sympathise with him for having to operate under these conditions.

They may have been sold but they have been loaned back to the club for the season.

I will be very surprised if he lasted the season

lyonfish said:
I thought his contract ran out, Wardle was desperate to sell up and was cheesed off that Pearce had taken on the England U21s, so no new contract was offered. Given the dire financial straights the club was in, SP did a miraculous job keeping us up, his only real gaff (apart from beany) was buying Samaras. The football (if you can call it that) was the antidote to entertainment, but he did the job Wardle (who doesn't get enough stick IMO) asked him to do.

Are you really criticising a man who dipped into his
personal pocket on several occasions to keep the club
afloat?

Ban-jani said:
lyonfish said:
I thought his contract ran out, Wardle was desperate to sell up and was cheesed off that Pearce had taken on the England U21s, so no new contract was offered. Given the dire financial straights the club was in, SP did a miraculous job keeping us up, his only real gaff (apart from beany) was buying Samaras. The football (if you can call it that) was the antidote to entertainment, but he did the job Wardle (who doesn't get enough stick IMO) asked him to do.

Are you really criticising a man who dipped into his
personal pocket on several occasions to keep the club
afloat?
He is, bit ungrateful imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.