Dayot Upamecano

£52.5m is his buyout currently but he’s about to enter the last year of his contract. If we seriously want him we should just pay the clause and get it done as it’s our most important position that we need to fix in the squad!

Looks really good from youtube compilations but I believe that Mangala also looked a world beater. Good on the ball, strong, quick, can bring the ball out from the back comfortably but again the key thing is his positional awareness and reading of the game which is hard to assess on youtube. Otamendi is also good on the ball and a decent passer but his footballing brain is below par. It's very hard to judge a player based on youtube compilations unless there is someone on here who watched him regularly.

Looks really good from youtube compilations but I believe that Mangala also looked a world beater. Good on the ball, strong, quick, can bring the ball out from the back comfortably but again the key thing is his positional awareness and reading of the game which is hard to assess on youtube. Otamendi is also good on the ball and a decent passer but his footballing brain is below par. It's very hard to judge a player based on youtube compilations unless there is someone on here who watched him regularly.
I've watched quite a bit of Leipzig for the last couple of years. Upamecano looks the real deal in my opinion. He has played 3ATB for the last couple of months with Halstenberg and Klostermann on each side of him, both who are wingbacks by trade. That is because of long term injuries to Orban and Konate who are an essential part to their defence. However due to Upamecano's leadership and reading of the game Leipzig are still going strong defensively. He used to have some brain farts which meant that Orban and Konate were the preferred CB pairing, but he seems to have improved on that front now that he's been given a long stretch of starts.

Upamecano is a rare combination of top tier brain, feets and physicality. I can see him being VVD and Koulibaly levels in a couple of years if he continues his development. He's on a much higher level than VVD and Koulibaly were at his age, but they were both late bloomers

Can see us paying a bit more than the buy out based on the inflated figure for Angeleno
This would make it look good gor all sides

Dayot Upamecano's agent on his future:
"I don't believe big transfers will take place this summer and I think Upamecano is a player for a big transfer.

Sounds like Bayern Munich looking to
Get fee down with only 13 months left
Basically telling them to drop it or they will wait and take for free

I’ve watched him a few times for Leipzig excluding YouTube videos & must say he’s stood out from the others & impressed me.

Everything you want from a modern day CB & seems to have an air of authority when on the pitch. Mind you i’ve seen him have some minor lapses of concentration but not on the John Stones level- sorry had to insert that in there!

Unfortunately, even with his minor upward trend in the football arena I think he’s now too high profile for us to go in for him where the agent is most likely wanting to start a bidding war which currently isn’t our cup of tea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.