Dayot Upamecano

His release clause is 60m next year by the way. If I was Txiki. Id offer right now 80-90m+ add ons to Leipzig to let him go early instead of at the 60m release clause. See if he is tempted and offer him first choice CB.

21 would be our CB for a good 10 years without injuries. Hed partner Laporte in a french defence for a good 5-7 years. We must have tested the waters early on but never got anything on as we have 0 links to him and it just doesnt make sense not to be from a fit point of view.

His release clause is 60m next year by the way. If I was Txiki. Id offer right now 80-90m+ add ons to Leipzig to let him go early instead of at the 60m release clause. See if he is tempted and offer him first choice CB.

21 would be our CB for a good 10 years without injuries. Hed partner Laporte in a french defence for a good 5-7 years. We must have tested the waters early on but never got anything on as we have 0 links to him and it just doesnt make sense not to be from a fit point of view.

If you google Man City Upamecano for the last 2 months there are multiple links between us some mentioning Angelino as a make-weight

Bayern bound btw. He literally just signed a small extension with RB Leipzig because Bayern have tapped him up nice and early. They want him next season though I think because they couldn’t afford this year. By time he goes on the market next season we fingers crossed here won’t need a CB

Very predictable.

Played Costa with ease last night, pay the money and play the player
Seem to remember Stones doing that fo Everton once, and Mangala do it for us. So it's hardly a qualification. Think he's a good prospect that will have good and bad games, and make mistakes. Not what we need at the moment.

Last edited:
If the KK news is true,then it won't be us. Chelsea or Arsenal will be his destination

Unfortunately I think the links to Bayern are true. There's multiple clubs looking for central defenders, he was in a great position in the last year of his deal, so why did no-one sign him?
Why would he sign a new contract with an affordable release clause next year? Who do we know gets in and taps up players nice and early and prime them for a move? He'd be ideal at Arsenal as a long term partner for Saliba, he often plays on the left of the 3 at Leipzig even though he's left footed, but I just think adding everything up he's Bayern bound next summer to take over from Boateng.

Has everything a CB needs in spades. Plus, his recovery pace is exactly what we need. We’re most vulnerable to quick counters, and he seems rapid. Him learning from Laporte, I think it’d be the best CB pairing in the world in a year or two.

42mil release clause and another season at the top, could be a smart purchase.

Even though he signed a new deal with a release clause next year, doesn't prevent us from buying him this summer. He is the perfect centre back and got all the attributes we are looking for + more. For anyone saying he is too young and we should go for KK, you clearly aren't looking at his ability and focusing more on the age. He has shown that he is mature for Bundesliga, and is already one of the best there. He showed last night that he was up for the challenge and even got MOTM (how often does a CB get that in a 2-1 game?). His passing is really good with BOTH feet, this would be my dream signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.