De Bruyne Return and Foden

I was thinking that Kev was brought on to purely get some minutes under his belt. Jeez - it was like he's never been away - no ring rust. The rest has done him good in a weird way. The assist for Jeremy was off the scale - the monarch of the Etihad is back. Phil has taken his already immense game up a notch - world class game after game.

KDB not back full time for a while. So much damage from muscle injuries should be handled conservatively. We need to take account of his age as well.

Idk but Phil has been pretty direct in his post-match interviews of late, saying that centrally is where he wants to play his football. Quite frankly, I think he's sucked it up and played on the wing for the betterment of the team long enough. It's time for him to be a bit selfish, and I think Pep and City owe him as much for his patience. He'd have been playing wherever he wanted on the pitch at 99% of clubs in the world if he weren't at City, or had decided to leave. Just look at what Palmer is doing.
Double like.

Phil as false 9 till H back. At least with the trio back it gives us more depth and Pep options.

the great thing about all the players mentioned bar haaland is that all of them can play anywhere across the front line, yes they all have their preferred positions but all of them are quite capable of playing anyhere.

Phil and kev prefer playing central but grealish and bernardo and alvarez could all play there to.

Alvarez can play as a ten , up front and on either flank.

Grealish plays out left but could play right or central.

Doku could also occupy either flank.

The positions are more to suit the tv when they show the lineup, apart from that i think its incredibly fluid.

Idk but Phil has been pretty direct in his post-match interviews of late, saying that centrally is where he wants to play his football. Quite frankly, I think he's sucked it up and played on the wing for the betterment of the team long enough. It's time for him to be a bit selfish, and I think Pep and City owe him as much for his patience. He'd have been playing wherever he wanted on the pitch at 99% of clubs in the world if he weren't at City, or had decided to leave. Just look at what Palmer is doing.

Pep will do what is good for the team. If a more central role for Foden is better for the team, then Foden will play there. Pep's probably the best in the world wrt understanding midfield play. I hope he finds the best formula. I prefer Foden centrally, too, but the team comes first ultimately.

.................Rodri............
............KDB.....Foden...
...Bernie...Haaland...Grealish

Depending on opposition we can rotate Grealish with Doku, Foden into Bernie position with Alvarez dropping in the hole.

Kev coming back gives us so much more options.

Keep the ginger prince wrapped in cotton wool!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.