De Bruyne?

Also, if he was playing in Navas' area, he offers a genuine goal threat rather just a pass threat. Same if he gets the ball anywhere around the penalty area. He is always likely to shoot. We only have Yaya who does that regularly, with any purpose.

That's actually a good point, his willingness to "have a go" is something we lack in our side as of now. How many times have we yelled "will someone just have a fucking shot" in anguish as yet another attack peters out in a series of passes in tight areas?!

But you're saying that as a reasonable poster. Don't want to stick my nose too firmly up your arse but I've appreciated your posts for a while, particularly on the EDS forum. Whereas there are plenty of others are jumping at any chance to label someone a rag or flapper and it's like listening to semi pubescent schoolboys who still think calling people "bus wankers" is funny.

Worth pointing out that I don't flap and find it extremely annoying that there are some who think they know better than Txiki.

I'm not accusing you of it, just pointing out how annoying it is.

I'm hoping KDB will go for more attempts on goal than Silva - literally the only fault in Silvas game that he doesn't shoot more

Come on txiki - finish the window with kdb. Don't think we will get anyone else personally but able to be surprised ;-)
Agreed, although if we get KDB signed up sharpish it will make deadline day all the more enjoyable. We'd have all of our main transfers already in the bag - a surprise signing would put the icing on the cake but is by no means essential. Either way, Txiki would've had a fantastic window.

That's actually a good point, his willingness to "have a go" is something we lack in our side as of now. How many times have we yelled "will someone just have a fucking shot" in anguish as yet another attack peters out in a series of passes in tight areas?!

If you consider the occasions where we have dropped points in recent years, even in title winning seasons, the lack of someone just having a pop, is imo probably the main reason behind it. Those games v Sunderland being a prime example. In the end we get people like Silva & Nasri forcing themselves to shoot when it's not in their nature. It is in DeBruyne's nature!

We saw v WBA the fact Yaya just had a go, broke down their defence, even though it was a bit of a shit shot. 'If you don't buy a ticket' etc.

Thi could really give us something extra.

If you consider the occasions where we have dropped points in recent years, even in title winning seasons, the lack of someone just having a pop, is imo probably the main reason behind it. Those games v Sunderland being a prime example. In the end we get people like Silva & Nasri forcing themselves to shoot when it's not in their nature. It is in DeBruyne's nature!

We saw v WBA the fact Yaya just had a go, broke down their defence, even though it was a bit of a shit shot. 'If you don't buy a ticket' etc.

Thi could really give us something extra.
This exactly for me. Bonus points for Navas being outta the starting XI. To be fair he's been much better with sterling added.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.