De Jong instead of Diarra!!

BlueMoonie said:
you cant say he isnt a big game player, he was an animal against chelsea
Because he had to be, because he's constantly stuck in that position, you can't dominate a game from your own third.

He is very good at breaking up play and we have needed a player in this mould for years. He doesn't make himself avaialbe enough when we are in posession. I don't think his distribution is as bad as people say we don't give enough options as a team for whoever has the ball.

Dannyctid said:
He is very good at breaking up play and we have needed a player in this mould for years. He doesn't make himself avaialbe enough when we are in posession. I don't think his distribution is as bad as people say we don't give enough options as a team for whoever has the ball.
Kompany is a much better option in that role, more accomplished all round game, I expected VK to keep De Jong out of the team under Hughes but injury put pay to that. I'm sure Mancini can see our midfield isn't working so nobody is nailed on in there for the future anyway!

Neil McNab said:
Dannyctid said:
Kompany is a much better option in that role, more accomplished all round game, I expected VK to keep De Jong out of the team under Hughes but injury put pay to that. I'm sure Mancini can see our midfield isn't working so nobody is nailed on in there for the future anyway!

I agree with you about VK, I feel he was our biggest miss last year when he was injured. He is injured again so not sure how reliable he will be to put together 10 games on the bounce and cement his place. Hopefully he won't be out for long and he can push for a place in the middle of the park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.