De Jong Is Going To Be Trouble

RealMancsAreBlue

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nigel-de-Jong-I-didn-t-come-to-Manchester-City-to-sit-on-the-bench-article153581.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ni ... 53581.html</a>
Nigel de Jong broke back into the Manchester City team yesterday – in the nick of time.

The Holland international midfielder arrived in a £19million deal from SV Hamburg in January and immediately slotted into Mark Hughes’s team.

But this season he has been left on the sidelines until yesterday, following the recruitment of Gareth Barry and the England star’s partnership with Stephen Ireland.

De Jong, 24, said: “I have not come to Manchester City to sit on a bench. I am staying positive, the season has just started, but this can’t go on for too long.

''All week, I could not stop thinking about what would happen if I was not going to start again against Arsenal. These are the games I came to England for.

“Last season I played every game. I know the great feeling that gives a player.”

De Jong says his demotion to the bench has been a massive blow. He said: “In the build-up to the season I was playing every game. We switched system from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1, which suited me better as that is the way I play with Holland. But when the Premier League season kicked off, I had to watch.

“Mark Hughes said he could only play 11 players, his choice was hard, the season is long and all that. But those are the usual phrases of every coach.

“I prefer to be realistic. At the end of this season, there is a World Cup. I missed the last one because of an injury, I don’t want to miss this one because of being on the bench at my club.

“In the national team I do get the recognition I think I deserve. I have been valued there for a number of years now. If I sit on the bench at Man City, I give the national coach ammunition to overlook me.

“I don’t feel inferior to Barry or Ireland.

“When you see who has been sitting next to me on a Saturday, they aren’t average players. Robinho would be in the starting line-up at every other club.

“I find it difficult to accept. I’m not a model reserve player.”

Come on Nige ! be a team player ! Had a cracker today but clearly isnt going to be happy because he wont get many starts this season

I think we are better as a 4-2-3-1, even against the lesser sides, I'd hope to see him stay in the side.

How can you drop him after today? He was magnificent. He and Bellamy grafted their arses off for us today, if they miss out on the derby next week it is a poor do.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Are we still his stepping stone?

Ah yes, that old chestnut he'll be good enough to grace us with his presence until a better offer comes along, gotta love the loyalty :P

What would everyones starting XI be if everyone was fit .....

against the top 4 and away from home ...

GIVEN

RICHARDS TOURE LESCOTT BRIDGE

TEVEZ IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

ADEBAYOR

Then against lesser teams at home go 4-4-2

GIVEN

IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

Daz_Blue said:
What would everyones starting XI be if everyone was fit .....

against the top 4 and away from home ...

GIVEN

TEVEZ IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

ADEBAYOR

Then against lesser teams at home go 4-4-2

GIVEN

IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

De Jong wouldnt figure against the 'lesser' teams because we dont need to be so defensively minded, and that the problem for Nige

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.