De Jong Is Going To Be Trouble

He shouldn't be happy with being on the bench. Nobody should. So I am not too concerned about this article. He will get plenty of games this year.

Some slightly selfish comments from big nig there but I think his performance today spoke volumes. Against all the big sides we'll need him in midfield so he doesn't need to worry.

Thing is we have him, Kompany, Barry, and Zabaleta all looking for that position. Barry's pretty much locked in but none of the other three are going to be happy with bench spots. Zaba is also backup for right back with with Micah playing so well he isn't getting that spot either..Kompany is cover at CB as well but Toure won't be benched and can't see Lescott accepting the bench either.

So I could definitely see one or two of Vinnie, De Jong, or Zabaleta leaving after the season is over. As much as I love all of them and how they're absolute battlers out there it isn't really fair to ask them to sit on the bench half the time or more when they could get into a lot of quality clubs around the world. I could see any of them walking into Arsenal, Liverpool, scum, and Spuds midfields for example and they probably know that themselves.

keeping players happy is going to be tough especially with the world cup coming up, i think we may lose a couple of players in january that we will not want to

Daz_Blue said:
What would everyones starting XI be if everyone was fit .....

against the top 4 and away from home ...

GIVEN

RICHARDS TOURE LESCOTT BRIDGE

TEVEZ IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

ADEBAYOR

Then against lesser teams at home go 4-4-2

GIVEN

IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR

Then SWP would be in the news as well

That's not what we want to hear from de Jong. We haven't even lost a game and he's complaining. Why can't players understand that it's a squad game? When Baconface benches Rooney does he give an interview saying this can't go on?

I really like de Jong but he's just gone down in my estimation by being more worried about himself than the team.

Great shame with everything going so well.

Not really happy with them comments tbh, we need team players here who will fight for there place and to me that sounds like he's just demanding a place. He played well today and deserves to stay in the team but if he does get dropped again he should accept it and try and work his way back in again, not start doing an Elano about it.

Daz_Blue said:
What would everyones starting XI be if everyone was fit .....

against the top 4 and away from home ...

GIVEN

TEVEZ IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

ADEBAYOR

Then against lesser teams at home go 4-4-2

GIVEN

IRELAND DEJONG BARRY ROBINHO

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR
I don't understand why people don't pick SWP in there teams even though he's made the biggest impact this season so far with 4 assists and 2 goals and also has the defensive, hard working side to his game.

Kompany could well find himself doing a lot of bench time as well which is a shame because I know a lot of us rate him.

De Jong has proved he is the man for the big game I heard the usual comments when the team was announced "the crab is playing" etc but as they said on MOTD he does the ugly stuff and is good at it you need that steel in your defensive midfielder.. I for one would have in the starting 11 every week only problem I wouldn't have a clue who to drop to put him in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.