De Jong starts for Holland

Was out with three Dutch lads in the Dam last night but not for the game just for a few beers. The Scots were all over the place but well behaved and the Cloggies will have them back anytime. De Jong is class and glad we got him.

SCF08 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
Did nigel have a good game?

Just his usual self. Doesnt add anything footballing wise to a team. Every pass goes sideways or backwards.

Defensively he didnt have to do a lot. Every time a Dutch player got within 5 yards of a Scot they lost the ball..

what game were you watching?

SCF08 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:

Just his usual self. Doesnt add anything footballing wise to a team. Every pass goes sideways or backwards.

Defensively he didnt have to do a lot. Every time a Dutch player got within 5 yards of a Scot they lost the ball..

You don't have a clue

Nige was quality, I'd be surprised if anyone else saw more of the ball than him. He almost never loses the ball and was a great anchor for the dutch team - retaining possession and spreading it out wide, most of the dutch moves started form him including a clever piece of play that lead to the penalty they won.

Very disciplined and kept them ticking. My only gripe is that once or twice he could have pushed forward whewn there was space to go in to, but that's something I'm sure he'll add to his game. He did a great job in front of the defence and mopped pretty much evrything up.

Top quality and captain material (assuming he's committed to City)

blue_chili_pepper said:
SCF08 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:

De Jong doesnt add anything to our national team and Man City as well for that fact. That he never loses a ball is not difficult if you play every ball sideways or backwards. I'm surprised that he is still in the team as a 2nd holding midfielder.

Mark van Bommel is the real midfield general and him alone playing there is just enough. He can not only hunt the opposition down , win balls but he also is a valuable asset going forward.

De Jong > Out and Sneijder > In.

SCF08 said:
blue_chili_pepper said:
SCF08 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:

De Jong doesnt add anything to our national team and Man City as well for that fact. That he never loses a ball is not difficult if you play every ball sideways or backwards. I'm surprised that he is still in the team as a 2nd holding midfielder.

Mark van Bommel is the real midfield general and him alone playing there is just enough. He can not only hunt the opposition down , win balls but he also is a valuable asset going forward.

agree, you could play sneijder instead of de jong against the scots but not against good teams, you have too many attacking players..

SCF08 said:
blue_chili_pepper said:
SCF08 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:

Are you on drugs?To say De Jong adds nothing to city is ridiculous.I don't know about Holland but for city he will be an important part of the squad for years to come.

^^^^^

You could have had Mark van Bommel for nothing this summer. His contract ran out and just signed a new 1 year deal with Bayern a week ago.

Anatoly Tymoschuk is another player who is miles better than De Jong. Not only defending but also footballing wise. 20 million Euro's was a real joke.

This transfer was just as bad as the Samaras one !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.