De Jong the Great?

He's very good at what he does, but i'd love it if he had another dimension to his game. Having said that, it wouldn't matter if we had two midfielders infront of him who could dictate the tempo of a game, and keep possession of the ball for us.

I think he is a really decent player who has had a few dodgy matches in the last couple of weeks. His loss of form seems to have coincided with Vieira being in the team. I thought he was one of the major reasons why we did so well in Mancini's early matches. Clearly he has limitations but when he just sits in front of the defence I think he is very effective. I really don't think it suits him when the rest of the midfield is sitting off the opposition and being defensive too.

jimharri said:
I don't remember Claude Makalele getting too much criticism from Chelsea fans for not contributing more to their attacks. It wasn't his role in the team. Get in the opposition's faces, break up their attacks, win the ball and then give it to someone with a bit more skill and flair to create.

compare_the_meerkat.jpg

Simples!

This - especially the picture.

PSmyth07 said:
AntMcfc said:
Somebody pass this fucking lunatic the noose. You know nothing about football just press the red X at the top and save me the vile tripe that you call opinion.
Tell me what he has done? He had 1 good game at Chelsea, thats it.

You think he's the bee's knees because he gives 110%, yeah i'll give him that but he just isn't good enough. For a team with aspirations of glory and breaking the top four, De Jong isn't the player we need.

Agree. I dont expect De Jong to contribute much on attack being a DM but IMO his passing and ball control is not all that great. What I can't fault him is that he is indeed very tenacious but that is not good enough, I want better passing and ball control so that we dont loose possession so easily.

De-jong is probably the best at what he does in the league! He is strictly a defensive midfielder, no more and certainly no less, unfortunately for him, in certain games he maybe isn't needed, but against a team like Liverpool who's biggest threat is likely to be Gerrard, De-jong is a must have. De-jong would be best suited in a midfield 3 IMO, himself being strictly the defensive midfielder, Barry being more box to box and then a more creative, goal scoring midfielder in there with them, ala Ireland, or a new signing, or even Michael Johnson if he manages to overcome all his injury troubles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.