De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

MacFeegle said:
They have been talking about Niges contract for a couple of years now, in my opinion he dropped a bollock not signing the first one he was offered when he was one of the first names on the team sheet, since then he has slipped down the order and as such the club won't give him what he considers he's worth as he's become a impact player for us, coming on and releasing YaYa into a more attacking role.
Personally would like to see him stay as I think against the more attacking champions league teams we need a player like this.

I couldn't agree more.

I believe Mancini made a mistake in the Napoli home tie in not playing a three-man midfield of YaYa, Barry and NdJ and instead he went for the more attacking four-man front that he had been using in league games up until then.

Gareth and Touré junior could not cope with their counter-attacks and Nige was sorely missed, IMHO.

If you are reading this Nigel, you're right, there are some right tw@ts on this forum..

80s Shorts said:
Whilst making all the right noises about wanting to stay at the club and saying he understands squad rotation and that he may have to spend some time on the bench, he refuses to sign a 100k plus per week contract extension.

Seems to me he wants to run down his contract, go on a free and get a huge signing on fee somewhere else.

Canny guy is Dejong, limited footballer too and Mancini can see it I believe.
That's right; jump to a conclusion whilst knowing next to nothing. Nice one!

It could be as simple as him thinking "I feel like a fresh challenge" - we don't know!

Plus he's far more dynamic than most give him credit for. Top player, very important in all big games he's played for us. In many he was man of the match.

The OP clearly appears to be on a wind-up mission.

Regardless of what he says, it's all about opinions. And in my opinion, he is talking utter biscuits and this thread is a complete embarrassment.

u2fme2 said:
well if he goes. it can only be down hill for the fellow
You sound like a Liverpool fan!

Downhill for him, unless he goes to PSG, München, Dortmund, United, Chelsea, Barca, Real and if Málaga book their ideas up (I think they are about where we were in the 2008-2009 season) there too.

Why do people think City are the world's number one, all of a sudden?! We're just another club.

One of the most honest,hard working,committed players ever to play for City and he gets criticised,only on bluemoon.

danburge82 said:
u2fme2 said:
well if he goes. it can only be down hill for the fellow
You sound like a Liverpool fan!

Downhill for him, unless he goes to PSG, München, Dortmund, United, Chelsea, Barca, Real and if Málaga book their ideas up (I think they are about where we were in the 2008-2009 season) there too.

Why do people think City are the world's number one, all of a sudden?! We're just another club.
It's hugely arrogant isn't it? De Jong would get into any of the teams listed there, most of which are currently far bigger than we are.

MCFC BOB said:
80s Shorts said:
He will always be remembered by me as an overated footballer.
He's the best in the world at breaking up opposition play and you know it.
one of. Not quite the best, he isn't even the best at the club in my opinion.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.