De Jong the mercenary ?

Re: De Jong the mercenary.

On another note, if the thread title was a headline in The Mirror, Daily Mail, or Evening News there'd be a 500 page thread about it by now. Piss poor for any Blue to call De Jong a mercenary.

De Jong is a very good player for us, look at the impact he made in the 2010/11 season.

Lol at the OP.
When will people get it into their heads that to footballers this is just a job? Not one of our current squad went to bed at the age of ten in their City jimmy jams, infact some of them probably never heard of the club into we waved a huge wad of cash at them. That's fine though, because there are millions of companies out there who I have never heard of but if one of them were to wave x amount of pounds per week at me, they would be my new best friend too.
This is just a job, simple as that.

To be fair i think NDJ is one of the best in the game in his role. he breaks down the opponents play and plays simple passes to the more creative players. he still plays a big part in our games, if in doubt..... bring NDJ on and push yaya up to get us a goal. always a good player to have on your bench. We can only let him go if we are getting some one like de rossi!!??

Well to be fair De Jong said from the very start that he see's City as a stepping stone. only way is down or sideways now though for players leaving City, it's his call

Think what this shows more than anything is how City have moved on. As well as people's expectations.

Seems to be split 50/50 whether he is even worth a place in the squad now.

This time last year when he was injured, virtually everyone was saying how much we're gonna miss him and many were saying he is THE most important player we've got.

They have been talking about Niges contract for a couple of years now, in my opinion he dropped a bollock not signing the first one he was offered when he was one of the first names on the team sheet, since then he has slipped down the order and as such the club won't give him what he considers he's worth as he's become a impact player for us, coming on and releasing YaYa into a more attacking role.
Personally would like to see him stay as I think against the more attacking champions league teams we need a player like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.