De Jong

citymad

Team supported
Manchesthair City
was fantastic today and has to be one of the best performance I've ever seen from a holding midfielder. I'm gutted for him that we only came away with a point.

emerging as the heartbeat of the team alongside the "1st name on the team sheet" crew a la:

given
barry
toure
de jong

but I agree, NdJ = class.

If you watch him he gets so tight against his opponent he doesn't give them room to turn. His reading of the game is something else and his passing out of defence very impressive. Undroppable at the moment.

I agree he is immense. Problem is he picks himself, but unfortunately he stifles our play going forward, and therefore shouldnt be playing every game. Today with Ireland on instead of him it may have been a totally different game - part of the reason NDJ looks so good is that there is so much space between our midfield and our attackers that the opposition then get space, which then Nigel has to put himself about to deal with it. I think he should play when we play big sides, but we should be more adventurous against shite like wigan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.