De Jong

Fallingbostel Blue said:
fantastic energy levels, though I thought if anyone would get a red it would be him, very good timer of tackles.

That's the difference between him ans Zab init mate. Both very strong tacklers but Zab is often reckless whereas you rarely see NDJ mistime one.

PowderBlue said:
I agree he is immense. Problem is he picks himself, but unfortunately he stifles our play going forward, and therefore shouldnt be playing every game. Today with Ireland on instead of him it may have been a totally different game - part of the reason NDJ looks so good is that there is so much space between our midfield and our attackers that the opposition then get space, which then Nigel has to put himself about to deal with it. I think he should play when we play big sides, but we should be more adventurous against shite like wigan.

I see what you're saying, but personally I'd have him (or Kompany) playing the holding role every game. Every team in this league has enough quality going forward to pose problems and the defensive midfielder is an essential part of the team.

When you consider all the snipes preseason about the mistaken fact that we paid way over the odds, now seems to be backfiring on those who uttered the thought. Fantastic buy. Keep it up Nige, and what about a goal for us. You can do it for Holland - just wear an orange tee-shirt under the skyblue.

Its interesting too see how all the January buys have been excellent this season (de Jong, Bellamy, Given and Bridge), whilst some doubted them last season - shows the benefit of settling in to a new team and having a full pre-season, I suppose

He stood out for me as well in todays game .A yard quicker than everyone else today, nipping in like a shadow and gaining possession for the team tirelessly. Intercepting danger at every opportunity, looked like he was really up for this game.Superb performance.

"If you watch him he gets so tight against his opponent he doesn't give them room to turn. His reading of the game is something else and his passing out of defence very impressive. Undroppable at the moment".

Spot on fella, his crab like mithering style well upsets opponents wanting to lift thier head up for a nosey round, Looks like Marks dropped on the new nobby Stiles. Plenty of teams better than us will/would be intrested in this lad.

He has added some much needed steel to our midfield and is always up for the battle but yet he also manages to be a very classy footballer. NDJ has already acheived legendary status in my eyes. Simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.