DE JONG

Neil McNab said:
bluebean said:
not gonna happen! id even have nige as my captain!! committed and sets a great example!!

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm --

Right you're either a definite RAG, or just thick as fuck!

You never write a positive thing! Bore Off!!
I do actually, but I just got out of the wrong side of the bed and all the shit midfield performances from Barry and De Jong last season are still fresh in my mind. How silly of me to let this cloud my thinking.
Oh and by the way rag, you can blame your poor judgement on wearing blue tinted spectacles but in reality it's because you're as thick as fuck and slightly illiterate!
Capital letters go at the start of a sentence by the way!

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:57 pm --

mcfcliam said:
Wouldn't be arsed, good player but he won't be used much next season anyway.

Offers fuck all going forward as well.
Hopefully, and yes I agree, although many on here will tell you that's not his job!

I always think it's important to let a player play for your team before you access his ability.......I know I know, call me old-fashioned!!!! Poor Yaya :(

On Big Nige, whilst watching him in the world cup he played several cracking passes which caught the opposing side off guard and lead to some good chances.

By the end of the season I was impressed with what Nige was about.

It really wouldn't surprise me to see Big Nige leave this summer as a replacement for Macherano at Liverpool or maybe abroad. He's a very good defensive midfielder but he has too many weaknesses in his game and it restricts our attacking play with him in the side. I know people will say that's not what he is there for but every footballer needs to have a certain balance to there game and De Jong doesn't. He's a very goof player but not in the same class as Yaya Toure or Cambiasso etc...

eastlands oasis said:
if we sell all those players the NOTW has us down for flogging, we will struggle to meet the homegrown rule...its utter shit! and as for de jong, you only have to look at last season when Mancini rested him against Brum(think it was them) so that he passed the yellow card cut off point, which meant he was available for the big games against Arsenal,rags and Spuds, to see that Mancini rates him. I would be very suprised to see him go, he is the player that sits there and does the simple thing in order to allow the likes of Yaya,SIlva,Johnson,Barry to support the attack. he may not get as many games this season, but with upwards of 60-70 games this season, if he plays in half of them he still gets 30-35 games, same goes for the rest of them. Its all about a squad game from here on in, and in order to get the maximum from that squad, you don't want your players playing more than 40-45 games in the season, to keep them fresh and fully fit. with injuries and suspensions inevitable, its a long season, and you need the strength in depth to compete in every competition,and need to know that against the "lesser" teams, you have the ability to send out some of the squad players and know that the team will still be competitve and capable of winning games, as Chelsea and in recent years the rags have been able to do.

Sorry to so pedantic mate but De Jong wasn't actually rested against Brum, he played because Vieira inured himself during the warm up.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 pm --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
IMO I honestly think that Nige is very well respected,not just by the management but above, ie Cook and Khaldoon.
How often do you see him in his spare time going to schools etc and doing everything to help raise the awareness of City ??
OK and now for the arguements, but I believe that is one of the reasons he wont be allowed to leave City,as he holds City and its Fans in high esteem.
Its NOT always about what goes on the field,but your contributions as a great ambassador for the Club,something that not one City Fan could argue about in NDJ case.
Brilliant all round guy and I for one am glad he`s at City and sincerely hope he stays for years.

Nice romantic notion oakiecokie, but all the players have to do activities outside of the football pitch. It is irrelevant what he thinks of the club/fans or what the fans think of him, if Mancini wants to sell him, he will. I'm not saying he should, but personally if you think that's the reason he wont go then I'm afraid you're clutching at straws. Same goes for him advertising the away shirt.

Yea, he started almost every game last season, was a world cup finalist and is the poster boy for the new away kit, but we're going to get rid.... pmsl

smiles said:
Yea, he started almost every game last season, was a world cup finalist and is the poster boy for the new away kit, but we're going to get rid.... pmsl

exactly mate, just more made up media SPECULATION with no basis in truth, they are just assuming the likes of NDJ and Bellamy and Ade will be surplus to requirements, which they are not. NDJ will be vital to protecting our back 4 as Yaya will be more box to box (he was only DM at Barcelona due to the attacking nature of the rest of their midfiled), and our full backs will be bombing forward to provide width, NDJ will cover this situation perfectly.

HA, this just makes me laugh. The guy is an absolute monster in midfield, protects the back 4 and plays cracking passes, and we want to sell him? yeah right. If i was going to sell anybody id sell barry, who doesnt contribute to anything. Totally useless player. Quite a few blind city fans on here who actually think de jong is useless......

FazzMCFC09 said:
HA, this just makes me laugh. The guy is an absolute monster in midfield, protects the back 4 and plays cracking passes, and we want to sell him? yeah right. If i was going to sell anybody id sell barry, who doesnt contribute to anything. Totally useless player. Quite a few blind city fans on here who actually think de jong is useless......
This! This! 1000X this!

See what I did there?

But anyway, Barry is more overrated than Dyer and de Jong is leagues above him at everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.