De Jongs karate kick

too many jobsworths dissecting this tackle with super slow motion technology etc etc,yeah it was a very high and dodgy challenge and should of been a red card but lay off the guy,he plays for us,city,now fuck off and ban an illegal conker fight at your kids school.

One sort could end a career quite easily though, where a leg or an ankle snaps and a broken leg or ankle, even the most benign break, will put you on the injury list for a fair while. I'd be surprised if you could name even one career-ending high foot incident. Over to you.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Lindowman said:
Take a chill pill ffs.....how about its just a bit of fun to take the heat off one of our guys who ....yes will probably be reminded of that tackle for the rest of his playing career.

Also whilst you call it a horrendous tackle ....no get real.....a broken leg is the result of a horrendous tackle. My rant over too.

Why does it have to end in a broken leg to be an horrendous tackle, if he had booted him in the face and knocked him unconcious you would go no thats not bad because look at both his legs they still intact!!
I never said it had to 'end' in a broken leg......I am merely pointing out that imo it wasn't a horrendous tackle.....it didnt knock him out .........it didn't break his leg...it wasn't a nice tackle, I concede, it actually looked worse than it was.

my original recommendation therefor still stands...take a chill pill ffs!!......and try and see the lighter side once in a while : )

Lindowman said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why does it have to end in a broken leg to be an horrendous tackle, if he had booted him in the face and knocked him unconcious you would go no thats not bad because look at both his legs they still intact!!
I never said it had to 'end' in a broken leg......I am merely pointing out that imo it wasn't a horrendous tackle.....it didnt knock him out .........it didn't break his leg...it wasn't a nice tackle, I concede, it actually looked worse than it was.

my original recommendation therefor still stands...take a chill pill ffs!!......and try and see the lighter side once in a while : )

Im always chilled out, i just thought it reflected badly on the club as well, more than anything thats what annoyed me

Holland had to close the Spanish MF down and de jong is one of the best to do that - totally working to orders - I call that professional

Ok - yes - not pretty - Ok not what you hope for - but it was the WC final and if Robben had done his bit they would have won it

I do not like the karate kick - and I really think that looked worse than was intended - but the rest of the play - well World Class at what he does IMO - wish we had more players with his work rate and professionalism - THE TACTICS ARE SET BY THE MANAGER!!!! and there were too many players (Kuyt putting the foot in at LB for instance) - so why get down on him?

BulgarianPride said:
leewill31 said:
completly agree and this is the problem with de jong if he gets one yellow in a game he then is next to useless for the rest of the match!
yea very useless. He is playing against Xavi and Iniesta. Did you see them making a huge impact on the game? Only after he was taken off... Very useless indeed.

sorry i missed all the possession Holland had and how effective trying to hack players down did them the world of good!

if the chairman was serious about building a world-class club with an impeccable reputation then ndj has played his last game for city.half the world saw it live,the rest saw it in print,a tiny few turned a blind eye out of mistaken loyalty,but the reality is, the verdict of the rest of the planet will give the owners food for thought.Do we condone thuggish behaviour, can we start a player who will have every ref and lino watching his every move,opposing players drawing him into reckless challenges,the media given a new stick to beat us with,or do we offload and get someone with more to his game than just being an 'enforcer',someone who can pick a decent pass and chip in with a few goals. The answer will tell us a lot about the Sheik's intentions,and his vision of the brand image.

bellbuzzer said:
if the chairman was serious about building a world-class club with an impeccable reputation then ndj has played his last game for city.half the world saw it live,the rest saw it in print,a tiny few turned a blind eye out of mistaken loyalty,but the reality is, the verdict of the rest of the planet will give the owners food for thought.Do we condone thuggish behaviour, can we start a player who will have every ref and lino watching his every move,opposing players drawing him into reckless challenges,the media given a new stick to beat us with,or do we offload and get someone with more to his game than just being an 'enforcer',someone who can pick a decent pass and chip in with a few goals. The answer will tell us a lot about the Sheik's intentions,and his vision of the brand image.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhsxfNmVmk0[/youtube]
How will Barca feel about a cheat & diver staining the reputation of such a great club........oops sorry they all do it,i know your a wum but that brand image stuff takes a very special need for attention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.