De Rossi (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
99% certain to remain at Roma.

Only a ridiculously high offer say €50m and £175k pw would persuade both club and player to reconsider a move. Tbh if Sergio is out for a minimum of 4 weeks then there is more of a likelihood that we would pursue Cavani with Napoli likely to be responsive to a bid of £40m or thereabouts. Abramovich is rumoured to be keen on making a final effort to prise him away from Italy despite De Luarentis and Mazzari stating he is not for sale. This according to reports on local radio down here.

City are no longer willing to pay over the odds and get ripped off. As a result we may be happy to complete the Sinclair move in the next 72 hrs and concentrate on fixing the defence with a key signing, Agger or someone at least as good.

He is 29 , has three good years ( injury free ) left at the elite level and for what its worth I am sure we can find younger , cheaper talent from within and from inside the premiership that gives us a better platform to move forward with.

If he doesn't want to come or will only come under sufferance or non football reasons primarily I don't want him no matter his history or what he may be able to add to our midfield.

adrianr said:
bobmcfc said:
Is this thread still going ? I think he's done. He's more or less said if he goes it's under duress. He really doesn't want us.

That's fine by me. I've got the bag and gaffer tape. Who's with me?!
Well I'm definately in.

Blootoof said:
Carstairs said:
yayas trusty right foot said:
Remember City v QPR

The day the impossible became possible..

Believe

The day Phil Jones' shirt-off celebration ended in tears.....

Still makes me laugh the way George Jones Best turns to fergie as if to say: "They can't do that boss. What's plan B boss.?"

A moment to savour, a real Daffy Duck bill blown off example

23Kgi.png

mancity1 said:
He is 29 , has three good years ( injury free ) left at the elite level and for what its worth I am sure we can find younger , cheaper talent from within and from inside the premiership that gives us a better platform to move forward with.

If he doesn't want to come or will only come under sufferance or non football reasons primarily I don't want him no matter his history or what he may be able to add to our midfield.

I could name numerous players over the age of 32 who have been amongst the best in the prem

johnmc said:
mancity1 said:

I could name numerous players over the age of 32 who have been amongst the best in the prem

Very few of them if any will ever be in a City Shirt under our current regime JMC.

The secret to our success will be turning over the right mix and blend of players in terms of hunger , skill , quality to ensure we have a side that has the ability to compete with the best each year in favourable terms.

Thats why Mancini wants at least three of four new squad members each season of which hopefully at least two play more game time than not.

We have no players of any real standing at the club over the age of 32 now and neither will we in years to come.

Experiments with the likes of players on or around the age like we did last season will be short term loans at best and by an large will be unrewarding in a footballing sense for both player , team and supporter.

The days of a Giggs , Scholes etc will die with their exit from the game as will the length of time a player stays at a club like City and the length of time a player plays at the elite level.

To bring in someone like DDR would mean less game time for Milner , NDJ and or Barry who have years of premiership experience and know what is required to finish ahead of the likes of Manure after 38 games of football.

More than likely one would have to be moved on which granted you may be in favour on but we be much worse off financially for starters and have a player who by all accounts is not that interested in doing his bit to ensure we are champions while he plays for us.

Hart aside assuming he stays fit or doesn't lose the plot is the only player who will play in all 38 games this season for the full 90 minutes.

johnmc said:
mancity1 said:

Did any of them not want to be there? Er, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.