De Rossi alternatives or better?

Davs 19 said:
i♥city! said:
pudge said:
No I didn't. You said that because he plays in Scotland that he would have some insight into how the English game works.

Then I said, maybe League 2 but not the Premiership (A knock on the standard of the SPL)

You're as sensitive as ITKs

At least you stood behind your comment , Anyway we have seen players come right from the SPL into the PL and they have been quite good Jelavic to the only one in recent memory.

Edited for something nearer the truth.

You can't seriously be calling Jelavic a 'quite good' player? Quite good is grant Holt or Shane Long. Jelavic is far more than that.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Edwaardz said:
SuperSilva said:
Martinez but it looks like he's going Bayern. Anyone know of any others ....?
There are only 2 defensive midfielders in the world who are better than De Rossi. Alonso and Busquets. No point talking about either of them.

Que????

Alonso and Busquets? not fit to lace DDR boots!!
Alonso>DDR. Any day.

Matt the Giant said:
Whatever happened to our supposed interest in Ander Herrera? He's a really good player, possibly a bit more attack-minded than Daniele, but would still fit in nicely in our central mf.

And what about that Swiss kid, Xhaka?

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 pm --

GaudinoMotors said:
A prem proven DM, that has won trophies, is a proven international and is a world cup finalist, hmmm going to be hard to find!!

Xabi Alonso.
what part of ''can defend'' dont you understand.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 am --<br /><br />
Mario's Right Peg said:
Dede. Plays for Vasco De Gama in the Brazilian League. He can play CB and CDM very young and will be cheaper because of his age. Possibly £10-£15 million.
Brazilians=Never Cheap.

Salar said:
Matt the Giant said:
Whatever happened to our supposed interest in Ander Herrera? He's a really good player, possibly a bit more attack-minded than Daniele, but would still fit in nicely in our central mf.

And what about that Swiss kid, Xhaka?

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 pm --

GaudinoMotors said:
A prem proven DM, that has won trophies, is a proven international and is a world cup finalist, hmmm going to be hard to find!!

Xabi Alonso.
what part of ''can defend'' dont you understand.

-- Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 am --

Mario's Right Peg said:
Dede. Plays for Vasco De Gama in the Brazilian League. He can play CB and CDM very young and will be cheaper because of his age. Possibly £10-£15 million.
Brazilians=Never Cheap.

Plus Dede is more of a CB than a CDM. I did a bit of amatuer scouting when we were first linked to him, potential is there but not enough for him to challenge Lescott just yet. Back on topic, an excellent alternative but impossible for us to sign is Xabi Alonso.

Here's a midfielder who sounds like he'd love to join us, Moussa Sissoko:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/08/22/3324109/moussa-sissoko-calls-out-manchester-city-united-and-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/lig ... nd-arsenal</a>

“The English league attracts me first," revealed Sissoko.

"My profile might interest some clubs. But if I leave Téfécé it will be for a higher club like Man United, Arsenal, City or even Newcastle and Tottenham. But I know I still have to work for it.

His name has been linked to us since at least 2010, does anyone watch enough French football to say if he's good enough for City?

Radja Nainggolan

Saw him a couple of times for Cagliari but hvnt followed him well enough to know how he developed but he did look good every time i saw him.

Also Asamoah wud have been a good look but Juve took him..<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/08/22/3324109/moussa-sissoko-calls-out-manchester-city-united-and-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/lig ... nd-arsenal</a>

"My profile might interest some clubs. But if I leave Téfécé it will be for a higher club like Man United, Arsenal, City or even Newcastle and Tottenham. But I know I still have to work for it.

His name has been linked to us since at least 2010, does anyone watch enough French football to say if he's good enough for City?

Always thought he was a more rounded CM than Mvilla.. I feel like his progress has stalled but then again I feel like that with all the french prodigies

Mancini - ohhh said:
Radja Nainggolan

Saw him a couple of times for Cagliari but hvnt followed him well enough to know how he developed but he did look good every time i saw him.

Also Asamoah wud have been a good look but Juve took him..

-- Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 pm --

LoveCity said:

Always thought he was a more rounded CM than Mvilla.. I feel like his progress has stalled but then again I feel like that with all the french prodigies

no disrespect but nadja thingymabob isnt really an alternative or better to de rossi (or ever likely to be)

witsel would be a pretty good alternative to yaya,is only 23 and has a buyout clause around 30 mil

pavelsrnicek said:
What about Javi Garcia of benfica, Spanish dm who can play cb? A recent Spanish international and apparently highly rated, 25 years old. Just suggesting an alternative to DDR and has been linked with us in the past.

not itk but good guesswork

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.