De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ireland_for_pm said:
southern muppet said:
The basic premise is correct though. There will be a reaction by City, not necessarily because of one-upmanship or face-saving, but just because the team we only inched past last season has added a top bracket world class striker to be at the fulcrum of their attack. It'd shock me if we didn't make a significant signing(s) in the next two weeks.
Agreed. Add to that the return of vidic. A lot Of city fans are saying tevez is like having a new signing this season. Well that's the same for them with vidic. Stand still and we go backwards in my opinion. As someone has pointed out even barca and Madrid get 2 or 3 in every season. We should do the same with some real quality players. De rossi, agger and falcao would be great if we could get rid of dzeko, RSC and Adebayor.

Barca and Real have only bought one player between them in this transfer window, Alba to Barca. Granted Real should get Modric but in reallity you only need to get in players who will improve your team or buy players of potential who will make an impact in seasons to come. It seems to me that City have been doing the latter, Rodwell, Pozo, Ntcham (think we've got him).

If we get a sniff of an availability of a DDR or Martinez i am sure we will make our move.

Neville Kneville said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I doubt we will get him, love to be proved wrong though.

Saying that he's no jack rodwell, suppose he could provide decent cover if jack's hammys go again

Unless his back problem flares up of course. Then perhaps Rodwell will get half a season.
We can only hope!

IBlue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
southern muppet said:
The basic premise is correct though. There will be a reaction by City, not necessarily because of one-upmanship or face-saving, but just because the team we only inched past last season has added a top bracket world class striker to be at the fulcrum of their attack. It'd shock me if we didn't make a significant signing(s) in the next two weeks.
Agreed. Add to that the return of vidic. A lot Of city fans are saying tevez is like having a new signing this season. Well that's the same for them with vidic. Stand still and we go backwards in my opinion. As someone has pointed out even barca and Madrid get 2 or 3 in every season. We should do the same with some real quality players. De rossi, agger and falcao would be great if we could get rid of dzeko, RSC and Adebayor.

Barca and Real have only bought one player between them in this transfer window, Alba to Barca. Granted Real should get Modric but in reallity you only need to get in players who will improve your team or buy players of potential who will make an impact in seasons to come. It seems to me that City have been doing the latter, Rodwell, Pozo, Ntcham (think we've got him).

If we get a sniff of an availability of a DDR or Martinez i am sure we will make our move.
Martinez gone to Bayern. I thought he'd be good for City, but he was very poor at the Olympics. Only the small teams seemed to treat that competition seriously.

Agree Marvin re Martinez. Again all the top players who have moved this year how many would you say would improve our team, i would probably say only one Thiago Silva. Sometimes i think we get drawn into wanting players to sign for us just so they cannot sign for our rivals. Think we should have trust in the squad we have, last year we were growing, hopefully this year we shall bloom !

The way we appear not to have entered an arm wrestle with Bayern over Martinez, makes me think we may be putting more effort in trying to De Rossi sorted. Get him in with a CB and clear the deadwood, especially upfront (Ade & RSC) and then we'll be sorted.

johnny crossan said:
Neville Kneville said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I doubt we will get him, love to be proved wrong though. Saying that he's no jack rodwell, suppose he could provide decent cover if jack's hammys go again
Unless his back problem flares up of course. Then perhaps Rodwell will get half a season.
it's a real tonic coming on here
Not everyone will rate our signings. I think Rodwell is a really poor signing, signed because of his nationality and half a good season when he broke through. He's gone backwards and spends all his time injured.

Hopefully he will come good with us, but he's an average player IMO.

I would rather we signed Barkley from Everton if we were going down that route

johnny crossan said:
Neville Kneville said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I doubt we will get him, love to be proved wrong though. Saying that he's no jack rodwell, suppose he could provide decent cover if jack's hammys go again
it's a real tonic coming on here

Tbh, I much prefer signing players with raw ability like Rodwell to old farts like RVP or players for huge money with little background to justify it (like Martinez).

The Silvas & Agueros are the real bracket we should be aiming at when we spend big money (young proven world talent) but they are few & far between. But in the one case of DeRossi, I would be happy to see us spend big on an older player, just this once.

The idea of spending the same kind of money on Martinez as we spent on Silva, makes me feel ill, but DeRossi is the real deal.

Ireland_for_pm said:
southern muppet said:
But Vidic doesn't have Rio's pace to help him out now. I'd love to see Vidic and Rio up against Aguero and Tevez. They will destroy them, and there are plenty of other Premiership forwards who will enjoy running at Vidic - that's if their teams have the courage to attack them. He can head the ball out all day long, and set pieces and long balls is all that most teams dare throw at Utd.

Marvin said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
southern muppet said:
But Vidic doesn't have Rio's pace to help him out now. I'd love to see Vidic and Rio up against Aguero and Tevez. They will destroy them, and there are plenty of other Premiership forwards who will enjoy running at Vidic - that's if their teams have the courage to attack them. He can head the ball out all day long, and set pieces and long balls is all that most teams dare throw at Utd.

If Vidic is the same player & can stay fit. Both of which I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.