De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
OB1 said:
pudge said:
So you do know what FM means.

Only because I've spent too much time on this forum.
Sure

I hope that response isn't meant to imply that you don't believe me but I'll make it very clear for you, I don't own, have never owned and never used FM. FM being short for something else just as regista is short for something else. Do you get the point?

OB1 said:
pudge said:
OB1 said:
Only because I've spent too much time on this forum.
Sure

I hope that response isn't meant to imply that you don't believe me but I'll make it very clear for you, I don't own, have never owned and never used FM. FM being short for something else just as regista is short for something else. Do you get the point?
I just was confused by your previous response when you thought I was talking about a radio frequency but all of a sudden you know what it means.

But please keep this thread on topic, De Rossi chat only.

This guy has to be our number one target, he would be absolutely perfect for us. He is one of only a handful of players in the world who could walk in to our midfield and improve it.

Gareth Barry is the most underrated player in the Premier League, he has been absolutely brilliant for us in the last 2 seasons. De Rossi however, is in a completely different class. For me he is the best box to box midfielder in the world after Yaya.

He could play as one of two alongside Yaya or Barry, he can play as a deep lying anchorman, he can play further forward with 2 behind like Yaya can, and he can play at the back if we are playing 3 centre halves. He is world class in each position, and would improve us massively no matter which system we play.

I understand the argument that 25m is too much for a 29 year old, but I actually think that could work in our favour. Rodwell has been bought as the long term replacement for Yaya and can also play in the same variety of roles as De Rossi. Razak also looks of the required level to come in as a defensive midfielder. Buying someone who is 25 could block their route in to the first team.

Buying De Rossi would allow those players to learn from one of the very best players in the world in their position, while integrating in to the first team they will be approaching their peak just as De Rossi and Yaya will be retiring / moving on.

I would move De Jong on to accommodate him, surely he's worth 15m? De Rossi is a similar age, but offers so much more than De Jong in the same position, his range and quality of passing is streets ahead, and he can also play in 2 or 3 other positions as well. For a 10m net spend it is an absolute no brainer.

DDR would be a huge plus to our team, but I'm smart enough to wait before I go and get my shirt printed with his name.

I'm as excited as the next person, but I don't want anything to come back and bite me in the face when I argue with my Rag friends in the pub so I'm leaving this in the 'dream signings' pile and not in the 'predicted signings' one.

Shaelumstash said:
This guy has to be our number one target, he would be absolutely perfect for us. He is one of only a handful of players in the world who could walk in to our midfield and improve it.

Gareth Barry is the most underrated player in the Premier League, he has been absolutely brilliant for us in the last 2 seasons. De Rossi however, is in a completely different class. For me he is the best box to box midfielder in the world after Yaya.

He could play as one of two alongside Yaya or Barry, he can play as a deep lying anchorman, he can play further forward with 2 behind like Yaya can, and he can play at the back if we are playing 3 centre halves. He is world class in each position, and would improve us massively no matter which system we play.

I understand the argument that 25m is too much for a 29 year old, but I actually think that could work in our favour. Rodwell has been bought as the long term replacement for Yaya and can also play in the same variety of roles as De Rossi. Razak also looks of the required level to come in as a defensive midfielder. Buying someone who is 25 could block their route in to the first team.

Buying De Rossi would allow those players to learn from one of the very best players in the world in their position, while integrating in to the first team they will be approaching their peak just as De Rossi and Yaya will be retiring / moving on.

I would move De Jong on to accommodate him, surely he's worth 15m? De Rossi is a similar age, but offers so much more than De Jong in the same position, his range and quality of passing is streets ahead, and he can also play in 2 or 3 other positions as well. For a 10m net spend it is an absolute no brainer.

Bollox, he plays in the bent Italian league which is wank.

cyprustavern said:
good post @ shaelumstash

Except for his valuation of Nigel. Half of that is more likely.

And again; just imagine what kind of an impact De Rossi would have on Mario! No way in hell would Daniele accept Mario's unprofessional and childish behaviour on the pitch. If you are a young Italian footballer today, you have unlimited respect, and probably a good amount of fear, the good kind, for Daniele De Rossi.

Does anyone else hate all these daft Italian positions like trequartista and regista. 18 months ago they had never been mentioned now they're rife on the forum. I've never turned up for football on Sunday morning and been told I would be playing the regista role it's a centre midfielder deep lying play maker at an absolute push. But on here I keep hearing we need a regista Mancini wants a regista the formation demands a fucking regista. Where I'm from it was something my school teacher did at 8.45 a.m not a position on a football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.