De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freestyler said:
Damn i was told i was the talk of the board, how disappointing i only have about 15 mentions. Thought it was more than that!

Andouble said:
mcfc2607 said:
What has freestyler Got right in the past?
I remember Damocles having a huge post of Freestyler's transfers-gone-wrong sometime last summer. It was fun reading.

I remember that, it was fun ....half of what he said was wrong, it wasn't actually huge either.

But you know what the most fun part was? ......the huge post i made in reply, explaining everything i got right!

can anyone name me one person who called not one but TWO transfers 6 days prior to no news, including both a double announcement and medicals?

You've got till 2016 to answer, good luck.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to justify yourself to be honest?

If you get given info you trust and post it in good faith then no need to try and justify yourself.

waspish said:
Uno's_My name said:
waspish said:
Your so right they have spent every season around 20/30m this season it's 40m what I question is have they got another 25m + 170k in wages in there budget now?

Not a clue mate obviously they had a plan to sign both Moura and Van Persie as they had bids on the table for both at the same time but i dont think Moura would have been on anything like the same wages as De Rossi would command so really your guess is as good as mine.

I reckon they could afford the transfer fee (seeing as that 30 million for Moura never got used) but i agree with the others that i dont think theyd pay the wages De Rossi would want especially given his age after Van persie, probably on a younger model like that other guy said a few pages back but i doubt wed face any competition from them for De Rossi, i dont think Roma would deal with them anyway if what was said about relations between the two clubs was true.

It just makes me cringe when people say they couldnt afford the fees, they spent over 50 million last summer and over 40 mil so far this, more than us if you want to get technical in the same time frame so clearly they have the money to do it.

Funny thing is all this money they have spent the net spend over the last 5 years is about 80m so they spend but sell more of you look at those figures

I wouldn't know what their net spend is tbh i havnt followed their deals in that much detail all i know is in the last 12 months they have spent the best part of 100 million quid on new players, and had a further 30 million on top of that agreed to go on Lucas Moura (and before him Eden Hazard) before PSG pissed on their parade, they clearly aint struggling for funds.

I doubt theyve raised much more than 20 million in the last 12 months? who have they sold in that time? i know they sold Park to QPR for about 4 mil but who else?

LoveCity said:
Ladyman posted this, is this from the press gathering that had an embargo?

Mancini looks likely to lose another target, Bilbao’s Javi Martinez, to Bayern Munich, and he admitted that a deal for Liverpool’s Daniel Agger is unlikely.

However, City are optimistic about signing Swansea winger Scott Sinclair and Roma’s Daniele De Rossi.
De Rossi, Rodwell and Sinclair would be a good window.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rammyblues said:
You are not telling me that after the dust settled down in May and he went over to Abu Dhabi, HRH after congratulating him etc etc didn't ask him, if we are to make progress in CL which player or players do we need. Seems like years ago now but we had threads of name three players and if memory serves me right most would have had

Ibra/Cavani/Falcao/RVP as a striker

Martinez/DDR as the defensive midfield player
Pedro/Hazzard/ Di Maria as wide players
Thiago Silva as the centre back. Can remember everyone talking about swap deals involving Tevez.

If we as amateurs can come up with those names for those positions that seemed we needed to strengthen then I am sure as hell believe they will have done that. In fact we went hell for leather for Hazard, missed him, tentatively bid for RVP because I am sure everyone believed Tevez was off, when that didn't happen PSG had by that time swept up TS and Ibra, Bayern went for Martinez, Barca and RM would never release their two wide players, we even try Alicanthra got turned down. About this time whether in jest or not DDR mentions playing in prem league. I would say once the RVP deal went dead we then started to look at DDR, how far down the road we are no idea.

I also suspect that we have put the Sinclair signing on hold until this one is concluded because of squad sizes and restrictions.

I don't know about anyone else but I think there has been a lot of kiddology going on, don't know where I read it but Pisscan after some title or other goes into the dressing room with an envelope saying seven names in here who haven't pulled their weight and will get shipped out unless improvement. Names never revealed but the whole squad run around like headless chickens not knowing whether their names in the envelope or not.

Mancini lets the press talk about players leaving, refusing bids for certain players, the response I ain't leaving, all try harder to improve. Same trick as the envelope different method.

I just hope DDR wants to come to us that is all.

I wonder if he would do what Ferguson did when he sold Ince, Hughes and Kanchelsis to uproar because he felt things needed spicing up a bit.

There are certain sacred cows of course: Kompany, Yaya, Aguero.

But I'm wondering whether players we've grown to love might be deemed surplus to requirements. Barry, Richards or Johnson spring to mind.

When the fuck was Johnson loved?

Danamy said:
Freestyler said:
Damn i was told i was the talk of the board, how disappointing i only have about 15 mentions. Thought it was more than that!

Andouble said:
I remember Damocles having a huge post of Freestyler's transfers-gone-wrong sometime last summer. It was fun reading.

I remember that, it was fun ....half of what he said was wrong, it wasn't actually huge either.

But you know what the most fun part was? ......the huge post i made in reply, explaining everything i got right!

can anyone name me one person who called not one but TWO transfers 6 days prior to no news, including both a double announcement and medicals?

You've got till 2016 to answer, good luck.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to justify yourself to be honest?

If you get given info you trust and post it in good faith then no need to try and justify yourself.

I couldn't agree more mate, the point i'm making is people saying 'what did he get right', i should't have to justify myself like you say.

But i thought i'd remind them of a certain something which i once said on here, that's all.

His outlets to Keane and Bruce have all but dried up. He used to get high prices from his bum chums. See they can't get rid of Berbaflop just as we can't get rid of RSC and Ade.

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:

Mancini looks likely to lose another target, Bilbao’s Javi Martinez, to Bayern Munich, and he admitted that a deal for Liverpool’s Daniel Agger is unlikely.

However, City are optimistic about signing Swansea winger Scott Sinclair and Roma’s Daniele De Rossi.

Really dont want Sinclair here, AJ is a better player hope we keep him.

Does not say, but think about it. Roberto Mancini De Rossi dreams with the shirt of his and Manchester City in the British press and the hypothesis 'far fetched, so that Berti, an agent of Roma midfielder and the national team, and' reported just to talk to Manchester the company 'champion of England. The technician will hopefully: "I'm sure that with ten trading days before we acquire a great player. Took Rodwell, but will buy again. Coaches We always want the players arrived at once, but now we think the match of Premier."

Seems the Italian interpretation of Mancini's interview that is all.

Rammyblues said:
His outlets to Keane and Bruce have all but dried up. He used to get high prices from his bum chums. See they can't get rid of Berbaflop just as we can't get rid of RSC and Ade.

Dont doubt the powers of old Sparkey......hasnt he also taken one of the shit twins to this summer?

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:

There was an embargo? Where is that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.