De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ethan23 said:
markbmcfc said:
Not wanting to raise hopes, but City would have a NDA in place for a transfer of this magnitude. Lessons will have been learnt from the Kaka deal about leaking stuff to the press (and we had an NDA there), and how the Italian media works. Whether we can control how Roma deal with it is questionable, but you can bet the terms of the NDA will be that things are kept quiet, maybe even by denying he is going.

Hypothetical scenario...

City use NDA
DDR says he wants to announce departure himself by addressing the fans
Roma keep quiet or deny he is leaving to throw off the scent.

I don't think it's too far fetched, but I could be clutching at straws.

I'd bet good money there's an NDA in place though.

excuse my ignorance but what is an NDA?
Non-Disclosure Agreement. It's a contract wherein you can take legal action if people break silence.

dachoosen1 said:
I think hes staying if he was leaving there would be no way he would hold a presser! The backlash would be crazy its going to be one of those "yes city have made a bid for my services but i remain 100% committed to roma and what the owners are trying to achieve here im very excited for the future and am looking forward to the new season" a basic puff piece to get the fans excited about the new season. We would all love it if silva did the same!

Yep I agree with all that. I am confident we won't do too badly out of this window yet.

taconinja said:
ethan23 said:
markbmcfc said:
Not wanting to raise hopes, but City would have a NDA in place for a transfer of this magnitude. Lessons will have been learnt from the Kaka deal about leaking stuff to the press (and we had an NDA there), and how the Italian media works. Whether we can control how Roma deal with it is questionable, but you can bet the terms of the NDA will be that things are kept quiet, maybe even by denying he is going.

Hypothetical scenario...

City use NDA

Non-Disclosure Agreement. It's a contract wherein you can take legal action if people break wind.

I've never thought we could do a deal, and still don't.

I pray we can, because he is the dream signing for me but I still think he's unattainable.

johnmc said:
What's the point in a nda in a transfer. If its done you have to disclose it. If its not done nothing to disclose.
Keeps other clubs from forcing the bid higher when the selling club "accidentally" leaks the interest to other potential buyers for one thing. For another when you have crazy fans that might go on a nutty protest and try to burn the stadium down or something, it's useful as well.

ethan23 said:
markbmcfc said:

Hypothetical scenario...

City use NDA

Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.