De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
taconinja said:
johnmc said:
What's the point in a nda in a transfer. If its done you have to disclose it. If its not done nothing to disclose.
Keeps other clubs from forcing the bid higher when the selling club "accidentally" leaks the interest to other potential buyers for one thing. For another when you have crazy fans that might go on a nutty protest and try to burn the stadium down or something, it's useful as well.

So why would a selling club do that. Surely that's ideal for them. To have someone else get wind and offer higher. What do the selling gain?

johnmc said:
What's the point in a nda in a transfer. If its done you have to disclose it. If its not done nothing to disclose.

The Kaka deal is a pretty good example of what can happen if it gets out.

Clubs strive for secrecy wherever possible during negotiations. Most do anyway.

johnmc said:
taconinja said:
johnmc said:
Keeps other clubs from forcing the bid higher when the selling club "accidentally" leaks the interest to other potential buyers for one thing. For another when you have crazy fans that might go on a nutty protest and try to burn the stadium down or something, it's useful as well.

So why would a selling club do that. Surely that's ideal for them. To have someone else get wind and offer higher. What do the selling gain?
It's probably a condition the buyer puts in before they'll begin formal discussions as a safeguard and if you want to do business, i.e. the club needs to sell as they don't have Champions League funds to pay salary, they might have no choice.

Also as I mentioned, if you have crazy fans, you might not want them getting wind and trashing the deal you need to make.

Johnson27k said:
http://football-italia.net/23599/de-rossi-message-roma-win

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, Michael Bradley and Mattia Destro scored in Roma’s win over Aris Salonika, but all eyes were on Manchester City target Daniele De Rossi at the Olimpico.

The last couple of days were dominated by talk of a Manchester City offer for the ‘Future Captain,’ so the 40,000 fans chanted his name and unveiled a banner that read: ‘Hands off De Rossi!’

The midfielder was introduced to the crowd with the speaker’s words: “He gives his life for Roma. Our most important signing – Daniele De Rossi.”

Sorry but edited for accuracy

:/

markbmcfc said:
johnmc said:

The Kaka deal is a pretty good example of what can happen if it gets out.

Clubs strive for secrecy wherever possible during negotiations. Most do anyway.

For another example Jack Rodwell. None of us or our press hadn't had a clue we signed him until just before the Community Shield game.

Daz_Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Jürgen Klinsmann did it when he left Spurs to go to Bayern

Robinho did it when he said he was leaving Madrid.

Wonder if RSC will have a press conference when he leaves City ?

Yeh I hope he does and apologises for being so shite.

My opinion on De Rossi is if he was staying, why wouldn't he just come out ans say so straight away? It's been front page news on Gazetta the last 2 days that he's leaving. It would be very simple for him or his agent to put all of the rumours to bed straight away.

The idea that De Rossi would deliberately keep schtum to deliberately generate speculation and then announce on Tuesday he was staying just so he could "get one over on City" or to "make the fans love him even more" is just ridiculous.

If he is coming to us it would make sense to hold a press conference on Tuesday. Wait until the deal has been agreed, we could do a medical in Rome, and then announce on Tuesday he loves Roma but wants a new challenge, the fans will always be in his heart, yadda yadda yadda.

If he or the coach alluded to the fact he was leaving before it was all signed he would be under siege by the Roma fans, the same as when Batistuta left Fiorentina, when Kaka nearly joined is from Milan, and to a lesser extent when Weetabix head nearly left the Shite.

By explaining it all in a press conference after the deal is already signed, he can leave by giving his side of the story and showing the fans respect by explaining his decision for the good of the club etc. He might have even asked to play against Aris so he could say his own goodbye to the fans, obviously without them knowing he was leaving because otherwise they'd probably start a riot!

Might be wishful thinking, but the silence coming from him, his agent and City while the Italian press are widely reporting he is joining us is a very encouraging sign as far as I'm concerned.

And on a side note, outside of the 3 players short-listed for the Ballon D'Or, I think De Rossi is the best player in the world City could sign.

What bugs me about these Italian clubs is the big deal they make out of one there players being bought! Why don't they just come out and say we not selling him end off. Drama queens

Shaelumstash said:
Daz_Blue said:
Shaelumstash said:
Robinho did it when he said he was leaving Madrid.

Wonder if RSC will have a press conference when he leaves City ?

Yeh I hope he does and apologises for being so shite.

My opinion on De Rossi is if he was staying, why wouldn't he just come out ans say so straight away? It's been front page news on Gazetta the last 2 days that he's leaving. It would be very simple for him or his agent to put all of the rumours to bed straight away.

The idea that De Rossi would deliberately keep schtum to deliberately generate speculation and then announce on Tuesday he was staying just so he could "get one over on City" or to "make the fans love him even more" is just ridiculous.

If he is coming to us it would make sense to hold a press conference on Tuesday. Wait until the deal has been agreed, we could do a medical in Rome, and then announce on Tuesday he loves Roma but wants a new challenge, the fans will always be in his heart, yadda yadda yadda.

If he or the coach alluded to the fact he was leaving before it was all signed he would be under siege by the Roma fans, the same as when Batistuta left Fiorentina, when Kaka nearly joined is from Milan, and to a lesser extent when Weetabix head nearly left the Shite.

By explaining it all in a press conference after the deal is already signed, he can leave by giving his side of the story and showing the fans respect by explaining his decision for the good of the club etc. He might have even asked to play against Aris so he could say his own goodbye to the fans, obviously without them knowing he was leaving because otherwise they'd probably start a riot!

Might be wishful thinking, but the silence coming from him, his agent and City while the Italian press are widely reporting he is joining us is a very encouraging sign as far as I'm concerned.

And on a side note, outside of the 3 players short-listed for the Ballon D'Or, I think De Rossi is the best player in the world City could sign.

your changing my mind.....

City are such an impressively tight, professional organisation these days that I don't think anyone really knows what is going on. Hence why Rodwell slipped under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.