De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Am I alone in thinking this is an insane piece of business? 30m quid for a 30 year old is madness no matter how good a player he is, plus DDR's quite a hefty lump. He ain't a Hessenthaler or Strachan type genetic freak who will keep going til he's nearly 40. In 2 years time he will have slowed down significantly and we will be left with a bloke bleeding us for 10m a year in wages and no resale value whatsoever. And it's not even a position in which we are short handed. To judge from yesterday's defensive mess, particularly down the flanks, we need a wide midfielder with pace, who can actually get up and down the pitch to assist Zab, and a centre half.
we had the midfielder we needed sat on the bench a certain James Milner ,zab far to often was left 2 against 1 with no help.

Am I alone in thinking this is an insane piece of business? 30m quid for a 30 year old is madness no matter how good a player he is, plus DDR's quite a hefty lump. He ain't a Hessenthaler or Strachan type genetic freak who will keep going til he's nearly 40. In 2 years time he will have slowed down significantly and we will be left with a bloke bleeding us for 10m a year in wages and no resale value whatsoever. And it's not even a position in which we are short handed. To judge from yesterday's defensive mess, particularly down the flanks, we need a wide midfielder with pace, who can actually get up and down the pitch to assist Zab, and a centre half.

When rags sign a proven premier league player for £29m it's insane business on here yet when we try to do the same it's a master stroke.

blue12 said:
we had the midfielder we needed sat on the bench a certain James Milner ,zab far to often was left 2 against 1 with no help.

i thought zab was overwhelmed at times and look out on his feet at the end.

i also came to the same conclusion about milner

DDR stay where you are son

Why are we making twits of ourselves yet again over a POSSIBLE signing, we don't need anyone else , we have more than enough quality to retain our title and I think we are disrespecting the players we have now, the very same players who delivered the PL trophy last season, worst of all this is being lapped up by the cockneys on redcafe, lets take a leaf out of the chairman's book and keep a dignified silence until any deals are done, signed,holding up the shirt all that, then we can discuss the new guy confident that's he's in ??.

Re: DDR stay where you are son

themadinventor said:
Why are we making twits of ourselves yet again over a POSSIBLE signing, we don't need anyone else , we have more than enough quality to retain our title and I think we are disrespecting the players we have now, the very same players who delivered the PL trophy last season, worst of all this is being lapped up by the cockneys on redcafe, lets take a leaf out of the chairman's book and keep a dignified silence until any deals are done, signed,holding up the shirt all that, then we can discuss the new guy confident that's he's in ??.

Tit

He was 29 a few weeks ago and he should be at the top of his game for the next 3-4 years. Lampard was, and Lampard's game relies on great energy.

The main point is not what he will be like in 4 years, but that Utd are on the edge of a cliff, and one big push is required<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 am --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

When rags sign a proven premier league player for £29m it's insane business on here yet when we try to do the same it's a master stroke.
No, it would have been insane business for City to buy RVP when we already had 4 strikers. For Utd they are in very difficult financial circumstances, and they also need other positions strengthening. For example look at the team who Utd play at Everton tonight, and have a look at who is in the back 4

Different circumstances

IanBishopsHaircut said:
themadinventor said:

Tit

Well thought out considered response, ....well done, great contribution.....again.

themadinventor said:
are you drunk??? when certain players MIGHT be available to come who are a perfect fit for what we need then we have to TRY and sign them! why is it such a problem for you that we are chasing the worlds best players? them twats on shit cafe can only dream of signing the players that we will in the next few years!! enjoy it, drink it in etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.