De Rossi (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluebannana said:
so basically not one itk has been right really /

Actually Ric was bang on with Sorriano. But I think that's it for the summer so far.

Oh well! Fair play to him, disappointing transfer window for us, however. Hopefully we've learnt that deals need to be done early as to give potential signings a full pre season to adjust. I think this puts the myth to bed that being champions is the all important factor in signing players.

In contrast to recent years - where we have been very professional in the transfer market - this window has looked a bit of a shambles. From what De Rossi has just said - we were never going to be able to tempt him - so why make any sort of offer? Did we not start by sounding out his agent (obviously not). Not getting a player is fine, and I respect De Rossi's loyalty its to be admired) but MCFC dont seem to have covered themselves in glory here. I know the press distort but we have allowed ourselves to be heavily linked to Hazard, RVP, Martinez, Agger and De Rossi and not secured any of them - I know we dont have full possession of the facts (and there is time yet) but we don't looked to have secured any of our alleged targets - nor have we moved much deadwood out.

People need to have a look at themselves saying he lacks ambition and that he is just coasting in his career.

He is the captain of his hometown club, who he's been with all his life. He has won the world cup and captained Italy the other night.

Fair play to him - its not like he's playing for Barrow - they are a top club with ambitions of their own.

If he could get one more title push with Roma and win it I bet it would mean more to him than 5 league titles and 5 champions leagues with city.

themadinventor said:
As predicted, you have all made a laughing stock out of our club and this forum, all your predictions and begging amounted to sweet F.A...............told you !!

I'm not of that opinion.. Just because you're a miserable get doesn't mean everyone else is. We wanted a player & he's decided to stay put. Nothing more, nothing less. No damage done & in reality no confirmation we've even bid so. We move on to the next target.

"I know that the supporters have an emotional link with me, but I hope that they're considering me an important piece of the team not only because I was born in Rome but also because I'm a good player".

Let's see how inventive the "De Rossi snubs City" headlines can get. I'm calling the old "A VICTORY FOR FOOTBALL" line from at least one of the red tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.