Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost unplayable when hes on his game, does tend to drift in and out of matches and when he has an off day he can look half arsed, but he would be a huge loss to us. He is a match winner and we should be going all out to secure another young, world class talent down.

Class act, can blow a bit hot and cold, but on his day he is top quality. Come on Leroy sign the contract extension.

He’s gonna be probably the best player on the planet over the next 5 years - an absolute game changer. Just pay him and keep him.
Think mbappe might have something to say about that? but hey 2nd best player on planet aint to bad :)

It is time to give Leroy Sane a 6yr contract till the end of the 24/25 season. With a buy out clause of £250,000,000. There should be 1 payment, all up front, before we will let him go to any other club. That should keep all clubs at bay.
Why would we give him a buyout clause?

We don't always utilise his best attributes which are running on to a ball played inside the full back. He looks lazy or lathargic because of his dissapontment when we've chose to go sideways or play the ball to his feet when closely marked. I counted 4 occasions in the first half against Shalke where this happened & yes he looks different sinterested. Great player who I thought would have done more this season but he will in time.

We miss KDB to get the best out of Sane IMO. Not saying Sane isn't brilliant - I think he is - but some of those 1st time through balls from KDB last season, wow, just wow.

Ederson to Ferna, Ferna to KDB, KDB pinging a 50 yard ball and Sane through and scoring. Some of the most brilliant fast counter-attacking football I have ever seen.

We miss KDB to get the best out of Sane IMO. Not saying Sane isn't brilliant - I think he is - but some of those 1st time through balls from KDB last season, wow, just wow.

Ederson to Ferna, Ferna to KDB, KDB pinging a 50 yard ball and Sane through and scoring. Some of the most brilliant fast counter-attacking football I have ever seen.
Zinchenko was doing a very fine impersonation of Kev vs Schalke.

The curious case of Leroy Sane... left out of Germany squad, reported back to training with City TWICE not in the condition Pep expected, and fails to adjust to systems outside of a 4-3-3 where the oppo don't park the bus. He's been asked to do wing-back. Failed miserably every time. He's been asked to be disciplined against park the bus teams and loses the ball more than any other player I'd argue. Displaced a by more effective Mendy at the start of season and then got his spot back when Mendy was ruled out. I think that hurt him a little bit. I will say this though, in public he's been exemplary and a credit to Manchester City.

But.. once he's got his head down, he peaks towards the business end of the season and looks unstoppable. The better the oppo, the better he is. Mainly due to the game being more end-to-end/open and he's able to really use his pace and change of balance. Oh and those free kicks are giving De Bruyne a run for his money on those duties.

I think ultimately it comes down to Sane. The above isn't an issue and I'm not hating on him or saying he'll be the best player in the world one day. Because we are not solely reliant on any one single player this quad challenges and pushes every player. What I will say is he'll struggle to find the relationship he has with Sterling in any team in the world. Who else will put those balls in behind the defender that Silva does.

I think it's a no brainer for both to agree a good deal

Think mbappe might have something to say about that? but hey 2nd best player on planet aint to bad :)
The French Jamie Vardy? Always wants it knocked down the channels so he can run onto it?

Nah, I’ll go for Leroy ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.