Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The curious case of Leroy Sane... left out of Germany squad, reported back to training with City TWICE not in the condition Pep expected, and fails to adjust to systems outside of a 4-3-3 where the oppo don't park the bus. He's been asked to do wing-back. Failed miserably every time. He's been asked to be disciplined against park the bus teams and loses the ball more than any other player I'd argue. Displaced a by more effective Mendy at the start of season and then got his spot back when Mendy was ruled out. I think that hurt him a little bit. I will say this though, in public he's been exemplary and a credit to Manchester City.

But.. once he's got his head down, he peaks towards the business end of the season and looks unstoppable. The better the oppo, the better he is. Mainly due to the game being more end-to-end/open and he's able to really use his pace and change of balance. Oh and those free kicks are giving De Bruyne a run for his money on those duties.

I think ultimately it comes down to Sane. The above isn't an issue and I'm not hating on him or saying he'll be the best player in the world one day. Because we are not solely reliant on any one single player this quad challenges and pushes every player. What I will say is he'll struggle to find the relationship he has with Sterling in any team in the world. Who else will put those balls in behind the defender that Silva does.

I think it's a no brainer for both to agree a good deal
Loses the ball more than anyone against park the bus teams? Have you got a stat to back that up because I don’t think it’s true. Plus he and Mendy were both playing together before Mendy got injured.

The French Jamie Vardy? Always wants it knocked down the channels so he can run onto it?

Nah, I’ll go for Leroy ta!
Personal choice mate! leroy will become a world superstar without doubt, prob for first time since we signed him tho at min i’d say he’s only the 2nd best winger we have :)

Loses the ball more than anyone against park the bus teams? Have you got a stat to back that up because I don’t think it’s true. Plus he and Mendy were both playing together before Mendy got injured.

It's my observation - not saying his stats are bad, just others take more care of the ball on the left (quickly checked whoscored and Bernardo/Zin/Mendy/Sterling/Silva all better his pass completion). I'd prefer him to do the same. It's often a sloppy loss rather than a take on. This can improve.

On Mendy/Sane, they did play together, but not very well.

Going slightly off tangent - we have a group of players that are similar in lack of interceptions/tackles: Aguero/Mahrez/Sane/Jesus and I'd argue their miles covered are less than the others in the squad. They are attacking players of high quality of course and it's natural. But two are central strikers. Mahrez and Sane can do more defensively. We know Bernardo and Sterling are solid which is why I trust the latter two more than the first two at this moment in time.

Hope and think this will get sorted ASAP. Having got Bernardo, raz, Eric, Eddie, foden, gabby and kev all sorted then hopefully stones and sane follow quickly
When you reel it off like that, it’s great to be a City supporter.
The future is bright, the future is BLUE!

Also Pep has stated he doesn't mind them losing the ball in the final 3rd as he wants them to dribble and be aggressive. That would obviously apply more against park the bus teams

Almost unplayable when hes on his game, does tend to drift in and out of matches and when he has an off day he can look half arsed, but he would be a huge loss to us. He is a match winner and we should be going all out to secure another young, world class talent down.
I agree top class when he is bang on form but his nonchalant demeanor is a bit worrying though. Like a big kid that is sulking who can't get his own way. I think he frustrates PEP but that is just an age thing I think. We definitely need him to stay here and fully develop under Guardiola.

The kid is inconsistent as fuck (within games as well as from game to game) but when he’s on it he’s fucking colossal.

Once he adds that consistency he’ll be the best wide man on the planet.

There’s no way we don’t sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.