Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Sane to feel the love, hopefully BM take a step back and we take a step forward. Tell him contract there regardless, not after he’s proved himself again.
exactly this. everything about our club is class, here is a chance to prove it to Bayern and to Leroy. put the deal to him again today, a gamble on our part but we can afford it better than anyone else. we should use that financial strength to show the boy how highly we rate him.

Leroy Sane's cruciate ligament injury has cost him £20.8million-a-year (£400,000-a-week) contract with Bayern Munich. He needs surgery on his right knee after damaging his ACL - scuppering any chance of a move. Bayern were ready to pay £110m plus add-ons for Sane. [@MailSport]

I doubt the figures are correct,i can't see them paying him that much

Fake news. Can’t see them paying Leroy such a wage.

And if there was a any indication Bayern were ready to meet our valuation, Leroy would not start this game and put the deal in jeopardy.

Bayern used dirty tactics to try to make Sane sulk and start forcing a move ie skipping training etc to bring the fee down. It didn’t work and now we’re both fucked.

Agreed
If the contract offer is still there he’d be a fool not to accept it.
I am sure the club will do the right thing.

Not sure abut that.

Much easier to hold out on signing the contract, when you are injured & can't play anyhow, rather than potentially missing games because of it, imo.

He is now going to be sat around, with the German rags tapping up his family & making illegal approaches to him, then when he returns, he has only one year left, so not just the rags, but all the other teams can start on him & City have to consider whether to cash in, if he hasn't signed.

If he holds out for this season, we probably have to make him available for bids.

Imo, if he doesn't sign in the next few months, we probably won't see him again for City.

exactly this. everything about our club is class, here is a chance to prove it to Bayern and to Leroy. put the deal to him again today, a gamble on our part but we can afford it better than anyone else. we should use that financial strength to show the boy how highly we rate him.

We showed how much we rated him with the improved offer over 12 months ago, did he show how much he valued us by signing it then? It is a two way street and we did our bit and Sane, for whatever reason didn't feel inclined to do his. Some will say he was negotiating with us, but many more were thinking he was wanting out and just waiting for Bayern to make the offer.

I suspect we will keep the current offer on the table, but I personally would rather see how he is in 12 months and whether a) he has regained full fitness and b) whether Bayern are still sniffing around because, if they are, I suspect it will be because Sane wants them to be.

Time for Sane to feel the love, hopefully BM take a step back and we take a step forward. Tell him contract there regardless, not after he’s proved himself again.
Surely you overestimate the power of a thread about him on Blue Moon?

We showed how much we rated him with the improved offer over 12 months ago, did he show how much he valued us by signing it then? It is a two way street and we did our bit and Sane, for whatever reason didn't feel inclined to do his. Some will say he was negotiating with us, but many more were thinking he was wanting out and just waiting for Bayern to make the offer.

I suspect we will keep the current offer on the table, but I personally would rather see how he is in 12 months and whether a) he has regained full fitness and b) whether Bayern are still sniffing around because, if they are, I suspect it will be because Sane wants them to be.
fine but if he does sign they can't low ball us. by the time he is fit he will have 4 years to go on his contract.

Sane and his team have been very hard headed in seeing what is their best option in either signing a new deal or forcing a move to Bayern. We should be equally hard headed in deciding our next move. Sane might not fully recover and as his pace is his main attribute then he could well be a lesser player. For example, we won't know what Mendy can or can't do until he plays some games again. He could be relatively OK or he might be finished with us.

Signing him up for say five years on big money is a huge, unquantified risk in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.