Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's entirely possible for Leroy to have the potential to be one of the best players in the world, and also be incapable of reaching that potential here because he can't get in the side because he's not doing what Pep wants.

Ribery finished 3rd in a Ballon d'or vote, but he couldn't mesh well with Pep, who knew he had everything needed to be a perfect false 9. They tried for months but Ribery just couldn't get it, so Pep just had to stop trying and eventually used him in a traditional role and less often.

If after 3 years things still aren't 100%, then if someone comes along and offers you £120m for a 5th choice forward (which Leroy could easily be if Mahrez continues as he started), then it's probably a good move to take the cash and spend some on another very exciting winger with the potential to be one of the best in the world.
Sancho choosing to leave because he couldn't get near the first team,isn't that disimilar but every day someone posts get him back,Sane was young player of the year in a centurians year and even last year his hand in 20 goals helped get us over the line,i'm curious why they get such different reactions

Looking at our starting 11 against the Hammers, which had Sergio and Bernie on the bench, Sane my well think that if he wants to start games he may be better off leaving.

Sancho choosing to leave because he couldn't get near the first team,isn't that disimilar but every day someone posts get him back,Sane was young player of the year in a centurians year and even last year his hand in 20 goals helped get us over the line,i'm curious why they get such different reactions

Sancho was right to leave. Even if he had stayed, we don't have room to bring through him and Foden together and have a squad capable of winning everything. That's why Brahim had to go too.

At some point it's likely one of the 2 prodigy CBs leaves as well, because we cant have 2 novice centrebacks playing 20 games a season each, but if they want to come back after a becoming worth 100m and one of the best young players in the world I will welcome them back with open arms.

Similarly if Sané wants to leave I will thank him for 3 great years and bringing in a shit load of money and hope the best for him.

Dr Fink not Dr Cugat!
Maybe because of the country not the association with Bayern - who knows!

I'm sad to say, I hope he goes now, still require over 100M this transfer window

I expect he will never be the same player after this injury.

Last edited:
I agree with the few who suggest that Cristiano would not be the player he is today if Pep was his manager. Think he would have stifled his individuality. Some players work better under different managers basically.

I think Ronaldo could be the player he is today, and in the last 5 years, but not the player he was at 27.

If you think about it, this late career Ronaldo is very similar to how Sterling plays for us, minus some of the grafting work in defence, but Pep would probably let that slide for 50 goals a season. He does most of his damage off the ball by just ghosting into space in the area, finishing off moves etc.

Disappointed with Sane. But then again it's his knee and he seems to trust more Bayern's doctor.

People should stop comparing Sane to C. Ronaldo. Sane is nowehere near C. Ronaldo in terms of professionalism and determination (remember that Guardiola was mad at Sane for coming back unfit after his summer holiday, twice?) and is nowhere near as complete as Ronaldo who is two-footed and a beast in the air. Sane must be one of the worst forwards when it comes to heading a ball. The idea that Sane has the highest ceiling in this team is based on lazy comparisons, mostly with Ronaldo. Mbappe is 3 years younger than hm and on a different level. There is a reason why he was a squad player towards the end of last season. Sterling and Bernardo are better. Or simply more intelligent than Sane and eager to learn from the best coach in the world.

First of all, thank you for the heartwarming welcome. Unfortunately I can't asnwer probably, because I would be banned in seconds otherwise. ;-)

You guys have a godlike opinion about Pep currently. The truth is, that Pep acts really strange with his players during an injury. The players are like assets for him which have to play, even instantly after a long term injury. At Bayern Munich there was a big dispute about this threat! After all, he kicked out the whole medical staff at Bayern. Even Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt who is the personal doctor of Usain Bolt or Christiano Ronaldo.
During that time Thiago had an knee injury and Pep didn't want to wait as long as the medical staff of Bayern told him.
Instead he sent Thiago to Cugat who gave him cortisone injections and destroyed Thiagos knee for one year after all!
Just google: "Thiago Cugat cortisone"

I guess that Bayern told Sane the story and he know refuses a surgery by Cugat.

And on the other hand, everything i wrote yesterday is true! It's just a matter of time when Sane will become a Bayern player.
Deal with it! ;-)

Das Smug twat

personally think he's pulling our dicks now I think he's known for months that he's leaving the sad thing is why he's not just come out and said so he can fuck off and we can move on.Great player on his day but there isn't to many of those days and we can more than cope without him

Guess we should tell Sane and Bayern they have to pay up now or wait 2 years in which Sane will be benched. What is happening here is out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.