Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern are yet to hold talks with the new representatives of Leroy Sané, but have convinced him with 'financial means'. Sané is attracting interest elsewhere - if Barcelona or Real Madrid approached 'again', he would 'definitely think about it'. [@Sky_MaxB via @Sport_Witness]

Lots of guessing going on

I fear the agents in this case are merely a front... you need a licensed agent to complete the deal. In reality it would appear (from numerous press reports) that Mutter is pulling the strings and has been deciding what’s best for little Leroy.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/bayern-munich-make-decision-man-17659738

Dont believe it at all but this is saying Bayern may have given up on Sane due to his change of agent
Also saying Barca and Madrid may be interested in him - if this is true and Bayern still want him at elast we can start a bidding war for him

Would rather him stay but I just dont see it with him - hope Im wrong

Of course other clubs would be interested, if he gets to his last year having not signed a contract!

Which is why i never bought the 'he wants bayern, it is clear ' narrative. He is simply seeing all his options (including staying with us) while accepting the money he is on currently to be part of the team he is contracted to.

Pep Guardiola has stated there is no news on the future of Leroy Sane.

Pep Guardiola on a timescale for Leroy Sane's return: "I don’t know. He needs a little bit more time. Aymeric started training two or three weeks before the game against Sheffield so he needs time."

"I don’t have any new news, I’m sorry. I would like to tell you. You would have to ask Txiki. The last thing we had, we offered him a contract a long time ago and he didn’t reject it. After that, we don’t have any news."

We need to do everything possible to keep Leroy. Potential world player of the year 2022- 2026!!

I would rather have an older more mature Leroy than Sterling or Sancho.

Come on City...pay him some more
I completely agree on Sane's potential as a player (hopefully the injury has no long term implications), however if he hasn't got the desire to be here as part of a successful team/club, then it's all meaningless.

Thinking about the last week, more and more this all seems to me like a pretty transparent ploy from Leroy's new agents to make a bunch of noise to prove they're actually doing stuff and hopefully squeeze a few extra Euros out of Bayern on personal terms. I still don't see any other scenario making sense:

Re-signing with City - Over the summer one thing was consistently reported from both English and German journalists: how superior Bayern's offer was from a financial perspective. The idea that we're now going to come back, after everything that's gone on, and award him the money he's looking for, on par with our top earners, seems very far fetched to me. If our offer was "close enough" from a financial perspective he would've just signed the deal after he got injured. I can't see it.

Going to Barca/Madrid - Barca signed Griezmann last summer and are trying to Martinez this time around, and even then probably need to move someone out for that to happen. Madrid signed Hazard and half a dozen Brazilian attackers, and are holding on to the dream of signing Mbappe, which speaking of...

Going to PSG - Would make a lot of sense if they lost either Mbappe or Neymar, but as we know Qatar and Abu Dhabi don't really play nicely with each other. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Bayern - Still makes the most sense. They have the money and a glaring need at his position. He would actually start every week, which he wouldn't do at either City or the Spanish clubs and he's still worth more to them than anyone else being German. His family gets what they want and he gets to win the Bundesliga every year.

Bayern want someone who can hit ground running but with injury that he had it will take time and hence maybe they are second guessing. Again they may have got inputs from that German doctor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.