Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pep was too hard on him myself,i'm not happy we are losing him because of playing time

You are right but I think Pep is first and foremost a coach - and he was under immense pressure in last years run in. To be fair Pep managed his resources and team selections brilliantly and we won the title. Pep wasn’t too bothered about Sane’s feelings I guess because he was focussed on the primary task.

Agree with letting him stew, and sending out a strong message. My
main argument against that though would be him taking up a valuable squad place ...

You are right but I think Pep is first and foremost a coach - and he was under immense pressure in last years run in. To be fair Pep managed his resources and team selections brilliantly and we won the title. Pep wasn’t too bothered about Sane’s feelings I guess because he was focussed on the primary task.
I was thinking the whole season really,when he did play his stats were good but it never seemed enough for pep,i understand he demands players improve but his hard line doesn't always work,it won't be the first time he has let such a talent go,we as a club and team will be poorer for it,long after he is gone though

I was thinking the whole season really,when he did play his stats were good but it never seemed enough for pep,i understand he demands players improve but his hard line doesn't always work,it won't be the first time he has let such a talent go,we as a club and team will be poorer for it,long after he is gone though

We will be worse off as you say he’s a great talent. I think Pep thought he could turn him into a superstar but I think Sane’s wants to settle for being very good. Re last season Sane was awful in early season and showed only glimpses of the previous seasons form and Pep punished him. You are right Pep was very very tough on Leroy but I think he had very high expectations - and I do fear Leroy is taking the easy route running off to Bavaria. Pep could make him exceptional but I’m not sure Leroy is up for the challenge. He will win dozens of titles in Germany but anyone who signs for the German Rags is guaranteed that.

Maybe if he felt he was a valued player and playing regularly he might not be tempted away
I would like nothing better than to see him sign on again and be ripping it up for us over the next 5 or 6 years. Match winner on his day and we've really missed him. However, if he goes playing time may be a consideration, but I don't think it will be the main one.

We will be worse off as you say he’s a great talent. I think Pep thought he could turn him into a superstar but I think Sane’s wants to settle for being very good. Re last season Sane was awful in early season and showed only glimpses of the previous seasons form and Pep punished him. You are right Pep was very very tough on Leroy but I think he had very high expectations - and I do fear Leroy is taking the easy route running off to Bavaria. Pep could make him exceptional but I’m not sure Leroy is up for the challenge. He will win dozens of titles in Germany but anyone who signs for the German Rags is guaranteed that.
Yeah you are probably right,it might just be a personality clash as well though,if he becomes the superstar i think he will i'd be rather miffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.