Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My remark was anecdotal from my experiences and nothing to do with what Ozil may or may not have said.

My wife is German. She has German expat friends, who also have German friends and family that make visits. Many of the people I've met through them have no use for Ozil, even when he was a shining light for die Mannschaft. From discussions with them, they have said many in Germany don't appreciate the Turks that have immigrated there. Not for racial reasons but because they feel many abuse the social services system in Germany.

As for it being racial, I think about 90% of Turkish people are considered Caucasian but that is probably being pedantic.
Oezil is an edge case in that he has long since polarised fans with opinions about him. I still think that his best days were when he was young and playing for Werder Bremen.

Well they do because it makes City being able to sell Sane and find a replacement harder.....
But if we assume that Sane is moving anyway, summer 2020 or 2021, then you'd still need that replacement. And if you don't sell in 2020, the cost of the transaction would affect 2 not just 1 season, FFP wise. Plus carry an extra loss of circa 50m.

Where have I denied or revealed who I support? The only denial I made, since I was asked repeatedly about it, is saying that I am not a Man City fan. I only joined to try and clear out misconceptions on the FIFA rules regarding international transfers, but then I was attacked. I don't think I've been rude, obscene or making fun of you guys here. But maybe you have a different opinion on that.

you post in an arrogant and patronising way so you had to be a bayern fan

Your conspiracy theory continues to grow. Bayern were not interested in getting Leroy Sane in summer 2018. There's zero rumours and no interviews by Bayern personnel around that time either. Playing for Bayern or Manchester City doesn't entitle one to play for the German NT.

Loew has his own way of choosing players. I didn't see you complaining when he inexplicably told Mueller, Hummels (and Boateng to some extent) that they would not feature in his selections anymore.

So Bayern decided to have an interest in him after he was deemed not good enough for the national team? Pull the other one?

Are you African by any chance?

So Bayern decided to have an interest in him after he was deemed not good enough for the national team? Pull the other one?

Are you African by any chance?
Bayern had an interest in him after Ribery and Robben retired/left and Coman proved to be too injury prone. In fact, Sane had started playing regularly for the NT when Bayern registered their first interest.

No, I'm not African.

But if we assume that Sane is moving anyway, summer 2020 or 2021, then you'd still need that replacement. And if you don't sell in 2020, the cost of the transaction would affect 2 not just 1 season. Plus carry an extra loss of circa 50m.
I'm sorry I have gone through my reasoning, we will have to agree to disagree. I maintain until word of City's ban comes through a transfer is extremely hard, you disagree and think City will jump at 50m euros Football(when its actually played! is all about opinion!)we will just have to see how it all plays out, but please keep in mind that even a normal transfer is more complex than supporters of one side or the other would think(City supporters are as guilty of that as anyone).

But if we assume that Sane is moving anyway, summer 2020 or 2021, then you'd still need that replacement. And if you don't sell in 2020, the cost of the transaction would affect 2 not just 1 season, FFP wise. Plus carry an extra loss of circa 50m.

Sane wasn't getting in the team the majority of the time he was fit, that was one of his gripes.

You are supposing we are having to buy a replacement. We are not buying a replacement for Sane.

His book value at the club is roughly £7.5m per year, so holding him to his contract technically results in us offsetting that next year, not a huge amount, but certainly not a free transfer black hole per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.