Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said City have "cherry picked " players. Cherry picking is supposed to be relatively simple. If you go all Miriam-Webster on me and quote the Dictionary saying "Cherry Picking means taking the best available option", no shit. All teams take the best available option. But I suspect in this case you meant we make easy meals out of getting whatever players we want.

Do teams roll over for Bayern? Yes, for the most part.

I don’t think you’ve read that properly. How can I mean that you make easy meals out of getting whatever players you want when you’ve just given me an excellent selection of ones that were the polar opposite of that. And of course cherry picking is the best option available. It’s not a literal metaphor on how easy the process is, it’s just a way of saying the big clubs pick the ripest fruit. In this instance though, they have to ask the tree nicely before they can have it. It doesn’t stop them getting it though. I’m not sure why you think teams roll over for Bayern unless you’re confusing the overinflated transfer fees prevalent here with the more realistic over there?

"Sensible", or not, you are discussing/debating Bayern's sense of entitlement with a fan of team that has a similar sense of entitlement, Liverpool. Of course, to him, Bayern can do whatever they please. They are "big club" part of the old guard like his club.

Can't have any of these "nouveau" clubs taking what is rightfully ours, we have history by damn! Isn't that right my Bavarian brother? I couldn't have said it better my red dipper brother.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here? Are you saying that if you’re currently successful or you’ve been historically successful that it’s unfair to others if you try to get the best players you can? And then it’s wrong if someone like you bids for the same player or same type? I only say someone like you because you’ve referenced it as ‘taking what’s rightfully ours’ so I assume that it’s your own club you’re talking about. In short, if you think either of those statements are true, you are, to put it nicely, two tacos short of the full enchilada. Big teams buy big players, they always have and always will. And for every reluctant seller, there’ll always be one who can’t take their money fast enough. From whomever it comes.

EDIT: I’ve just reread it and re the second point, I think what you’re getting at is that the old guard get their knickers in a twist because newer clubs are coming through. That has some traction but I don’t think it’s relevant to the discussion. If you’re talking about then moaning about going for the same players, I think that’s wide of the mark. There have always been teams who spend money outside of the historically successful teams but it doesn’t necessarily give an advantage.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here? Are you saying that if you’re currently successful or you’ve been historically successful that it’s unfair to others if you try to get the best players you can? And then it’s wrong if someone like you bids for the same player or same type? I only say someone like you because you’ve referenced it as ‘taking what’s rightfully ours’ so I assume that it’s your own club you’re talking about. In short, if you think either of those statements are true, you are, to put it nicely, two tacos short of the full enchilada. Big teams buy big players, they always have and always will. And for every reluctant seller, there’ll always be one who can’t take their money fast enough. From whomever it comes.

Interesting, you push insults here. You already get treated better than any of us would at RAWK. And you damn well know it.

Your metaphor makes so sense, by the way. Tacos and enchiladas are completely different foods. What might work better for a red bin dipper is "it is like trying to steal tyres with wheel locks on the vehicle." Or maybe, "as easy as stealing scouting information when you use someone's log-in credentials" when something is easily accomplished, la.

It’s cyclical and prestige. Because of our history, we’re generally, and I say generally, a reasonable draw. At the moment, like you, we can attract just about anyone. But for all our consistent success in the 60s, 70s & 80s, United’s for the next twenty and yours in the last decade, Bayern have been on top over there for nearly all that period. Add in their history and that’s a hell of a club to topple. Add in that their clubs have nowhere near our TV wealth and it’s even harder. They may be the poster boys of the league, but they’ve earned it fair and square with decades and decades of world class players and trophies.

Nah mate your success/history over 30 years ago is only kept alive through the media, your present ability to attract is down to FA and media support ,as you can not afford the transfers or wages of the best players, utd no one wants to go there but they have the money they have the club they have even won more than your team over the last decade, City can pay the wages, the transfers and win, even more so than Bayern, but the big difference is the German FA and media believe having a market leader is good for Germany and German football just like the English FA and SKY

Interesting, you push insults here. You already get treated better than any of us would at RAWK. And you damn well know it.

Your metaphor makes so sense, by the way. Tacos and enchiladas are completely different foods. What might work better for a red bin dipper is "it is like trying to steal tyres with wheel locks on the vehicle." Or maybe, "as easy as stealing scouting information when you use someone's log-in credentials" when something is easily accomplished, la.

I wasn’t being insulting and you know it. I’ve made it perfectly clear to plenty here that I’m just chatting about football. Just thought that it was a mad way to look at it. No genuine offence meant, apologies if that’s the case.

And my comments on RAWK have been pretty clear.

I wasn’t being insulting and you know it. I’ve made it perfectly clear to plenty here that I’m just chatting about football. Just thought that it was a mad way to look at it. No genuine offence meant, apologies if that’s the case.

And my comments on RAWK have been pretty clear.

Fair enough. Despite your love of liverpool and Bayern, ;) you seem decent enough. I suspect that is why you haven't been told to go fuck yourself 500 times.

We don't agree. Appreciate the discussion but now I have clothes to fold and weeds to pull in the garden. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Nah mate your success/history over 30 years ago is only kept alive through the media, your present ability to attract is down to FA and media support ,as you can not afford the transfers or wages of the best players, utd no one wants to go there but they have the money they have the club they have even won more than your team over the last decade, City can pay the wages, the transfers and win, even more so than Bayern, but the big difference is the German FA and media believe having a market leader is good for Germany and German football just like the English FA and SKY

We’ve won every single trophy in the game bar one in the 21st Century, some more than once, so we’re hardly irrelevant. Through the sale of a player, we spent world record fees for a defender & a goalkeeper in the matter of weeks which suggests we can if we want to. That we don’t do it all the time is fine, I don’t know a fan who doesn’t trust Klopp in the transfer market. United broke the world transfer record a few years ago and whilst they’re not on their uppers now, they can still have a go in the market. That Fernandes is a hell of a signing to be fair. That’s nothing to do with media influence or FA support which is a frankly crazy and somewhat insulting statement but I’ll leave it there. I don’t get the market leader point though.

Fair enough. Despite your love of liverpool and Bayern, ;) you seem decent enough. I suspect that is why you haven't been told to go fuck yourself 500 times.

We don't agree. Appreciate the discussion but now I have clothes to fold and weeds to pull in the garden. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Haha...I’ve no real affinity for Bayern but nice one.
I’m off on the bike myself shortly, need a run out. Have a good one, mate.

Bayern bought Cuisance for 10 million from Monchengladbach just so he'd sit on the bench. Similar to Arp. Both haven't a snowballs chance of making it at Bayern, but at least they aren't progressing at another club. You can't have a fair competition. That wouldn't be fair on Bayern

Good point. If Arp was English and City bought him to let him rot on the bench, we'd be "ruining English football " much as we supposedly did, at the time, with Rodwell.

I'm guessing the Arp situation is to lock him down. He can't become quite good and possibly help a team challenge Bayern if he is getting splinters in his arse on their bench.

It’s cyclical and prestige. Because of our history, we’re generally, and I say generally, a reasonable draw. At the moment, like you, we can attract just about anyone. But for all our consistent success in the 60s, 70s & 80s, United’s for the next twenty and yours in the last decade, Bayern have been on top over there for nearly all that period. Add in their history and that’s a hell of a club to topple. Add in that their clubs have nowhere near our TV wealth and it’s even harder. They may be the poster boys of the league, but they’ve earned it fair and square with decades and decades of world class players and trophies.

Bayern Munich have only been relevant since the early 1970's with the last 20 odd years just being ridiculous due to the way they go about their business. Before 1968-69 they were virtually anonymous and had some interesting financial situations. How quickly they forget.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.