Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In normal circumstances that would be the right thing to do but Sane played very little last season, he hasn't played this season and it’s likely he would not get much game time next season if he sits tight - I’m not sure taking almost 3 years out is a good move for Sane but I guess it depends what motivates Leroy and his agent?

Players motivations are money and medals , depends on the player and his priorities , either way he wont be in a blue shirt for 21/22 season , which is a shame , its could be a matter of taking the £30m from the German Rags now or nothing next summer , but it would be comical if Real,Barca or Juventus offer him the world and Rummenigge is left with egg on his face

Players motivations are money and medals , depends on the player and his priorities , either way he wont be in a blue shirt for 21/22 season , which is a shame , its could be a matter of taking the £30m from the German Rags now or nothing next summer , but it would be comical if Real,Barca or Juventus offer him the world and Rummenigge is left with egg on his face
Would be but sadly it looks like there is only one club interested.

IF Leroy thinks that by joining Bayern he'll be playing week in and week out he's going to be very disappointed. I watch most weeks the Bundesliga highlights, not even Robert Lewandowski gets to start every week. He who is top scorer in the league cannot get a start every week why does Leroy think he will be starting every week is beyond me.

So Bayern want a player swap seal if possible then that should be a player of our choice not theirs. How dose the club know that the player they offer us won't have a shake of the hands deal that they will come back for him in 2yrs and try the same thing as they have with Leroy.
he started 27 of 29 games according to the stats the two games he missed he was injured and was only subbed off twice.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob...iga/0/wettbewerb/L1/pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1

You're placing a lot of emphasis on everyone being a money grabbing bastard. It's not my fault if you and many others have an attitude of trusting nobody, that's your insecurities.

I have a lot of confidence in how the club is run, the integrity of the owners, management and playing staff. Why shouldn't I have? We've proven the model works over the last 10 years with the likes of Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Fernandinho and Aguero among many others. You'll always get the odd one (Tevez, Toure and what looks increasingly like Sane) who doesn't want to be part of the clubs future for whatever reasons, in some cases lacking integrity (Scarface's golf expedition), in others just because they want to move on.

You can't define your whole attitude to players based on those odd ones, it's counter productive and exudes negativity. Treat players and all staff with trust, appreciation and respect and you reap the rewards (in most cases, not all).

That's when you have to trust the club in bringing in not only the right players but the right characters as well, over recent years we appear to have been very very good at that aspect, so there's no reason to think it's suddenly changed just because Sane wants to leave. A lot of people are angry and frustrated and letting the emotions overrule them in one situation, without seeing the bigger picture of how it'll negatively impact the others. Tolmie very clearly said a few weeks ago Sane is very popular in the squad and they don't want to see him banished (I think was the term he used, apologies if not) to the reserves. That shows he types of character we have at the club.

" Insecurities " - fucking hell mate what is your problem ?

Quite a fucking rant when a simple fact ia placed in front of you - stop stamping your feet and calm down .

" Insecurities " - fucking hell mate what is your problem ?

Quite a fucking rant when a simple fact ia placed in front of you - stop stamping your feet and calm down .
A simple fact? Where's the evidence? You have none, just the same as the other poster a few days ago because none exists. You make bold disparaging claims about a huge group of professionals that you absolutely can't substantiate and yet I'm the one with a problem ranting?

Good luck with that mate, keep playing the victim.

A simple fact? Where's the evidence? You have none, just the same as the other poster a few days ago because none exists. You make bold disparaging claims about a huge group of professionals that you absolutely can't substantiate and yet I'm the one with a problem ranting?

Good luck with that mate, keep playing the victim.[/QUO

Christ you really are full of yourself.

Nothing like a bit of hypocrisy coming from someone who happily labels huge groups of professionals as money grabbing bastards with fuck all proof, yet I'm the one full of myself. Good luck with that too mate.

I think that you just need to let players like Sané know that the onus is not on the club if they want to leave. They have agents, it's a small world, go out and find a club who will pay what MCFC value you at and you can go - and the club won't take the piss by valuing you at £300m, it'll be a reasonable amount.

Pep/Txiki and co don't want to have anyone at the club who doesn't want to be here. You don't win multiple trophies a year with people who are not all in, and there's a lot of top players in every position who are desperate to play for a club that guarantees top money, trophies and world class teammates.
He wasn't all in and we won the treble...

Oh I agree it's a poor comparison, no doubt in that but the principle still stands. Private or public, it doesn't matter, the clubs behaviour shouldn't change. You behave with integrity no matter who sees it or who doesn't, otherwise it's pretencious bollocks.

There's nothing more pretentious than running a multi billion pound business with all the politicking that goes with it, in particular in the football sector, then chatting about how you behave with integrity. There's almost no integrity in the business of football, and that includes City. It is what it is for me, and so my only concern is that anyone who tries to take the piss at the club or out of the club is dealt with in the right manner. And for me, the right manner is not to 'turn the other cheek' and let the player do as they please.

Integrity in football transfers is frankly an oxymoron these days.

There's nothing more pretentious than running a multi billion pound business with all the politicking that goes with it, in particular in the football sector, then chatting about how you behave with integrity. There's almost no integrity in the business of football, and that includes City. It is what it is for me, and so my only concern is that anyone who tries to take the piss at the club or out of the club is dealt with in the right manner. And for me, the right manner is not to 'turn the other cheek' and let the player do as they please.

Integrity in football transfers is frankly an oxymoron these days.
Our softly softly approach doesn't appear to have stopped us becoming successful over the last 10 years, in fact I'd say quite the opposite, we've been the most successful team around during that period.

If you believe you have to behave like a twat to be successful, more fool you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.