Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn’t want to be here because it was clear he wasn’t valued pal. That’s the hard part here. We literally opened the door for him.
Stats for his city career and his big game performances speak for themselves.

He didn't want to be here because Pep was making him do the hard work he expects of everyone.

The undervalued stuff is nonsense, @tolmie's hairdoo can confirm, but he was given triple his Schalke wages when he signed (60k), and then offered treble that 2 years into a 5 year contract. He turned it down.

Leroy can be summed up by the tattoo on his back. Not only is it a tattoo of himself, it's a tattoo of him scoring in a game we lost terribly. Most players would never want to be reminded of that game, but for Leroy him scoring a big CL goal was more important than the result. And to doubly enforce that message, he scrubbed the City badge off it a few months later. He's all about the individual glory.

And then we go into 18/19 when Pep is beside himself trying to get him to make the runs the team needs him to, or to track back with the ball, until eventually when the going gets tough, he barely starts a game in the run in because Pep doesn't trust him.

He's a phenomenally talented player, but he and Pep never saw eye to eye, you could see that in the Amazon documentary during a season when everything went well and everyone should have been getting along. The same attitude is why he got dumped out of the Germany team for the world cup and none of his teammates stood up for him.

I think there's every chance that he goes on to do very well for Bayern, which for €350,000 a week + whatever 8 figure signing bonus he gets will be the bare minimum, but I guarantee he has more fallings out with managers. And he'll probably change his agents another few times as well if the last 12 months are any indicator.

I hope he hasn't lost anything from his injury, and I expect like Yaya, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Mandzukic he will have a great career after not seeing eye to eye with Pep, but as far as Manchester City are concerned, he was never going to reach his potential here because he wouldn't do what Pep wanted. Now lets spend the money on someone who will.

Lastly I think it's disingenuous to say we opened the door for him. He was one of Germany's most highly rated prospects for years before we bought him, he was making international headlines scoring a screamer in the Champions League when he was 18. He was very much on the map and we picked him up at the right time.

Pep clearly had personality issues with him.

We didn’t give him decent money fast enough, that’s on the club who should have tied him down far faster.

He was a massive reason for our recent success but was clearly not loved by Pep like Raz or Bernardo.

Such a “massive” reason he barely played in the run-in last year.

He didn't want to be here because Pep was making him do the hard work he expects of everyone.

The undervalued stuff is nonsense, @tolmie's hairdoo can confirm, but he was given triple his Schalke wages when he signed (60k), and then offered treble that 2 years into a 5 year contract. He turned it down.

Leroy can be summed up by the tattoo on his back. Not only is it a tattoo of himself, it's a tattoo of him scoring in a game we lost terribly. Most players would never want to be reminded of that game, but for Leroy him scoring a big CL goal was more important than the result. And to doubly enforce that message, he scrubbed the City badge off it a few months later. He's all about the individual glory.

And then we go into 18/19 when Pep is beside himself trying to get him to make the runs the team needs him to, or to track back with the ball, until eventually when the going gets tough, he barely starts a game in the run in because Pep doesn't trust him.

He's a phenomenally talented player, but he and Pep never saw eye to eye, you could see that in the Amazon documentary during a season when everything went well and everyone should have been getting along. The same attitude is why he got dumped out of the Germany team for the world cup and none of his teammates stood up for him.

I think there's every chance that he goes on to do very well for Bayern, which for €350,000 a week + whatever 8 figure signing bonus he gets will be the bare minimum, but I guarantee he has more fallings out with managers. And he'll probably change his agents another few times as well if the last 12 months are any indicator.

I hope he hasn't lost anything from his injury, and I expect like Yaya, Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Mandzukic he will have a great career after not seeing eye to eye with Pep, but as far as Manchester City are concerned, he was never going to reach his potential here because he wouldn't do what Pep wanted. Now lets spend the money on someone who will.

Lastly I think it's disingenuous to say we opened the door for him. He was one of Germany's most highly rated prospects for years before we bought him, he was making international headlines scoring a screamer in the Champions League when he was 18. He was very much on the map and we picked him up at the right time.
What have I told you about tattoo's?

Last edited:
BBC are saying £44.7M with potential add on taking it to £54.8M with 10% sell on clause. I think prices of footballers has just decreased substantially.

Is it just me that thinks this is a clever business deal from city considering all factors and sets a certain price for other targets in that position we may be after??

sorry to see Sane go but i was surprised when we beat bayern to the punch first time of asking so never really thought he would have stayed with city longer.

There is absolutely nothing 'clever' about this deal. It obviously had to be done but we've been done and we're to blame.

Not this again,players DO NOT speak just so fans know what is being said,they and their agents talk to the clubs
He knew last summer what he wanted to do . If he would have come out last summer and said “ no point with the new contract as I’m defo going “ we would have cashed in then. Think you’ll find Bayern would have made sure he got the price down by half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.