Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal all round .. in the circumstances

City’s BIG mistake was playing him in the Community Shield .. that one decision (when his chances of going were same as now) cost us 50million pounds (although at the time that couldn’t have been known)

Bayern rightly see him as the face of German football for the next 10 years .. we get the highest ever fee paid for a player with 12months left on his deal

Didn’t contribute at all in the last season for the obvious reason, so it’s not a step backwards For the squad, as he may never recover to be the player he was

His ceiling at Bayern in terms of profile, playing in national team and earnings is way higher than if he stayed at City .. so I don’t blame him one bit.

Good luck Leroy, hope you fulfill your potential, and thanks for the many, many memories you gave us.

Right, who’s next?

This.

Why he was played in the CS is anyone’s guess. It was a stupid decision and the injury cost City any leverage they had. Should have kept him in cotton wool and done the deal with BM. Whilst we couldn’t have seen COVID-19 we could see that a serious injury to an asset that is wanted by another club could be a possibility. Sane should not have played a minute of football whilst the transfer window was open.

Monies received could then have been used to replace VK. Something we all could see was needed except the powers that be. Because again, you could see a possibility that our only decent central defender may pick up an injury during the season and leave us with Otta (who the Club was trying to offload because he’s not good enough) and Stones.

I never like Bayern and everything bout that feckin club.... nothing against the german people, I just don't like that club....so....shit on them all....and i don't care if there's an x citizen among em...

I think there's a bit more to it with Sane. Young player of year in England 2 years ago, but gets dropped from Germany's World Cup squad. Not sure it's clicked with Pep, but I think he's an outstanding player on his day, and City will no doubt replace him. They've 100 percent already got someone lined up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never like Bayern and everything bout that feckin club.... nothing against the german people, I just don't like that club....so....shit on them all....and i don't care if there's an x citizen among em...
There is a reason they are known as the Man U*d of Germany .. arrogance and entitlement right through the place

This.

Why he was played in the CS is anyone’s guess. It was a stupid decision and the injury cost City any leverage they had. Should have kept him in cotton wool and done the deal with BM. Whilst we couldn’t have seen COVID-19 we could see that a serious injury to an asset that is wanted by another club could be a possibility. Sane should not have played a minute of football whilst the transfer window was open.

Monies received could then have been used to replace VK. Something we all could see was needed except the powers that be. Because again, you could see a possibility that our only decent central defender may pick up an injury during the season and leave us with Otta (who the Club was trying to offload because he’s not good enough) and Stones.
Word was Mahrez was going to start the CS until City found out that Algerian medical staff gave him a nasal spray (during AFCON) that no one could verify the contents of. Thus, they had to hold him out in case something popped up in a dope test.

Intereting that it adds that Sane once signed next week, WONT return to the squad till the end of the season....getting him out of the building quicky? - wonder if he is was having a bad affect on the squad over the last few weeks witht he continuing ongoing speculation or is this something contractual?
He gets on well with lafs,they are always laughing together ,sane was warming up the other week and pissed himself when raz fell over during a game

The deal is done,he is not our player so he doesn't stay with us

The thought that BM pulled the strings on him not being included in the squad for 2018, they knew what they were playing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.