Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stop buying like for like replacements for outgoing players and let's integrate Doyle, Harwood- Bellis, Braaf and maybe a couple of others into the first team and give them all game time. I'll be disappointed if they're not given a chance before the end of this season, get second place wrapped up then play the lads.

Sane is a very good player with the potential to be very special - and we’ve seen it in glimpses. It looks very much like money is a factor in this and if I’m honest - whilst I’m deeply disappointed that he’s off - based on his City career to date I really don’t see him in the £300k per week bracket - not yet anyway. To be at that level you need to be consistently at your game and whilst Sane is young there were too many times when you could see in the first 10 mins of a game that he didn’t fancy it and Pep would react as he should and eventually would haul him off.

Nationality may play a part too - we were willing to push Sterling’s wages up to crazy levels because he was homegrown - and good for the brand. Bayern are obviously prepared to do the same and think Sane will become a major part of both their success and the German National Team.

More generally, I’m pleased it’s resolved and he can move on and deep down I’m pleased that money was certainly a factor !

Good post. He should thrive in a piss easy one team dominating league like Germany.

At the end of the day he as a German national has signed for his country's biggest and most successful club on a fantastic contract.

Good luck to the guy, he is not English, has no emotion to Manchester or Manchester City FC, in many ways he has his dream move.

All the people saying ‘just pay him the £300k a week’ or ‘we should have guaranteed him a starting position’ I wonder what your view would have been when he continued to have those games where he strolls about, doesn’t track back and doesn’t offer anything offensively or defensively?

Because at 24 and with a €60m price tag, he needs to perform consistently and right now for Bayern. They, like City, won’t tolerate 9/10s one game and 4/10s the next.

He’s done well for us, Bayern have a good player with the potential to be great, €60m with 12 months left on his deal (plus ACL risk) is a great price for City, he gets to go home. We’re all winners in this.

Nobody has said he should just be paid 300k a week. But when you pay Raz 300,000k and offer Sane 170k in the same year then you find yourself in the position we are. I think right now the price is ok but to say City are winners is simply fabrication.

Good post. He should thrive in a piss easy one team dominating league like Germany.

He undoubtedly will but, it should make it easy for us to get lots of add-ons - Bayern will win 9 out of the next 10 titles in Germany in all probability.

The bit I don’t understand is the rush to get him out. At some point in the next few weeks we’ll probably be wishing he was on our bench.

If he was behaving like a **** or Bayern were worried about another injury we could have used that to get a bigger fee. If that’s what has happened then their original offer must have been pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.