Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, have you seen the fees that were recently paid for unproven talents?
Bayern is desperate for a winger and Leroy is their dream target, how would you not capitalise on that?
I’m sure we will, to the best of our ability. And if we genuinely don’t want to sell then we can price them out by demanding, say, £150m and risk losing him on a free in a couple of years if he won’t sign a new deal with us. If, however, we are willing to do a deal then a compromise will be found. I hope it’s the former, but fear it may be the latter.

Just feels like people are picking arbitrary figures out of the air, and will probably use it as a stick to beat Begiristain with if Sane leaves for a more realistic fee. Could well be wrong, and hope I am, but starting to think that the club might be more open to his sale than the fans are.

its the cheap fee munich want to pay and if city take it will send all the wrong messages to the others wanting our other players ?? we need to stop all this bollocks about the fee munich want or willing to pay for sane, its time to pay up or shut up ?? sane just won 6 major trophies in 2 seasons at the home of the champions, and sane is one of the up and coming stars that any club can print there own money with in shirts sales and image rights

so £200million is cheap as chips in today market ?? and a young german superstar going to the biggest club in germany its like winning the lotto for munich

People need to stop complaining about tapping up. You'd have to be naive in the extreme to believe we and every other club aren't at it.

The ****s chatting shit on a daily basis in the media is a different story altogether. I don't expect respect from a racist like Hoeness but they could at least pretend to have a modicum of class.

People need to stop complaining about tapping up. You'd have to be naive in the extreme to believe we and every other club aren't at it.

The ****s chatting shit on a daily basis in the media is a different story altogether. I don't expect respect from a racist like Hoeness but they could at least pretend to have a modicum of class.
It would be incredibly sweet if Sane turned them down after the absolute desperation they have shown. It’d be utter humiliation for them.

It's exactly how it works. Price is what a buyer will pay, and we've only got one of those. If Pep is fed up with him and you want to get a deal done, that seems like a decent price to me.

If we think theres a decent chance of getting a ban next summer we have a lot less leverage than you think.
ha ha City won't be thinking about a ban next season to justify anything regarding Leroy. Look cjn you live in a house worth £250k, you don't want to sell, I want your house, would you be thinking " I can get 320k off me for your house or would you be thinking when I knock on your door I may accept 210k, come on it's the first one, because you don't wanna sell.

Sane needs to get himself sorted. He could be world class but is not currently at that level.
If he goes it is an opportunity for someone else who wants to sign for City or free up playing space for the likes of Foden.
Players now want to play for us but if he goes, it should only be for a very big fee.

I’m sure we will, to the best of our ability. And if we genuinely don’t want to sell then we can price them out by demanding, say, £150m and risk losing him on a free in a couple of years if he won’t sign a new deal with us. If, however, we are willing to do a deal then a compromise will be found. I hope it’s the former, but fear it may be the latter.

Agreed, but in the current market, and considering Bayern's situation and claims, £150m isn't the point at which they'd be priced out.
If they want a commercial figurehead and have their team built/playing around him, then they should be paying a price which reflects those intentions and we shouldn't be bothered with a potential loss in two years. There'll still be plenty of buyers next season, including Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.