Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really important that having so definitively briefed the press that Sané must be the 2nd most expensive player in history to leave, €150m/£137m as a hard limit, the club have to stick to it.

@Neville Kneville said selling Sané would make us like Arsenal, and I think that's wrong, but only if we make Bayern seriously suffer for it, to the point where anyone thinking about buying another of our players thinks twice about it.

If they pay €150m+ then City can truthfully say the offer was too good to be turned down, they'd be paying for the player Leroy could be, not the player he is right now and with his contract in the state it's in, him wanting to go back etc. it's good business.

However if after telling everyone in the press the price is €150m and they end up selling for €110-120m.... then it is an Arsenal move. It basically signals to the other big clubs that if there's a player in a bit of a vulnerable position here, they can weasel their way in like Bayern have and get a good deal.

I hate to give them credit but Liverpool did it perfectly with Coutinho. Barcelona acted similarly to Bayern, one of their VP's announced he was going to sign him, and they bled Barcelona dry.

It's really important that having so definitively stated Sané must be the 2nd most expensive player to leave, €150m/£137m the club have to stick to it.

@Neville Kneville said selling Sané would make us like Arsenal, and I think that's wrong, but only if we make Bayern seriously suffer for it, to the point where anyone thinking about buying another of our players thinks twice about it. If they pay €150m+ then City can truthfully say the offer was too good to be turned down, they'd be paying for the player Leroy could be, not the player he is right now and with his contract in the state it's in, him wanting to go back etc. it's good business.

However if after telling everyone in the press the price is €150m and they end up selling for €110-120m.... then it is an Arsenal move.
Quite right, we want the full price for being ravished by the krauts.

We ain’t getting anywhere near 137m
But I think we’re effectively shutting down Bayern’s we only have 80m stance
We’re saying put up or fuck off
It’s like maguire, we will tell Sané he can go if they pay up otherwise tough shit

It's really important that having so definitively briefed the press that Sané must be the 2nd most expensive player in history to leave, €150m/£137m as a hard limit, the club have to stick to it.

@Neville Kneville said selling Sané would make us like Arsenal, and I think that's wrong, but only if we make Bayern seriously suffer for it, to the point where anyone thinking about buying another of our players thinks twice about it.

If they pay €150m+ then City can truthfully say the offer was too good to be turned down, they'd be paying for the player Leroy could be, not the player he is right now and with his contract in the state it's in, him wanting to go back etc. it's good business.

However if after telling everyone in the press the price is €150m and they end up selling for €110-120m.... then it is an Arsenal move. It basically signals to the other big clubs that if there's a player in a bit of a vulnerable position here, they can weasel their way in like Bayern have and get a good deal.

I hate to give them credit but Liverpool did it perfectly with Coutinho. Barcelona acted similarly to Bayern, one of their VP's announced he was going to sign him, and they bled Barcelona dry.

Difference was Liverpool signed them up on a longer contract so they could get that fee!

We ain’t getting anywhere near 137m
But I think we’re effectively shutting down Bayern’s we only have 80m stance
We’re saying put up or fuck off
It’s like maguire, we will tell Sané he can go if they pay up otherwise tough shit
Is the correct answer.

Why would we say £137m+ only to accept say £80m and then look like complete dickheads? One thing we can say about our club is that it is well run, by professionals who know what they are doing, not a bunch of amateurs. And that would be amateurish in the extreme.

No, the £137m was genuine and it was measured. It doesn't say "Sané is not available for sale at any price", since that would be untrue. If that was the case, we would have said so. It says, "Ok Bayern, if you're that desperate, you can have him for £137m". Of course at the fees being asked, we fully, 100%, expect them to shut up. Which ultimately they will do.

Difference was Liverpool signed them up on a longer contract so they could get that fee!

The contract lengths are irrelevant because Bayern can't wait 2 years, they can't even wait 1.

The only time contract length matters is if a club can say "Nah, you're alright, we'll get him for 0 next year".

Bayern and Leroy have made this 1 horse race, but this is the downside to that. We know they're desperate, they're not coming back in 2021. And with Sané on piddling wages, and the price of players with 12 months on their contract skyrocketing (2 years ago it was 40m, now it's over 100m), we can afford to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.