Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horses for courses.

Pep doesn’t believe that 2018/19 Sané was the player he needed to put in a CORRECT SHIFT FOR THE TEAM, so he didn’t play that much. That was down to Leroy.

Now, Prp clearly knows Leroy CAN BE a world class player, but he can’t show it in three flashes, every other game, and twice on Sunday, it has to be all the time. There are too many high quality players we can play who WILL PUT IN A SHIFT if Leroy doesn’t!

For me, it is all mental. Pep believes in ball control and then devastation in the final 20 meters. Leroy simply gives the ball away too often, doesn’t use it to full effect too often, and doesn’t exploit his superiority over his opponent often enough.

When he goes those things, he looks like he is walking on air and in full flight he is unplayable. The problem is the other 88 minutes!!

Last season, we saw glimpses of Leroy chasing down opponents and winning the ball back, but we also saw full on sulky, don’t give a fuck, flick here, flick there, Leroy, who you know is going to get yanked!

To me, he needs to take a lead out of Sergio’s book (or Raheem’s or Bernardo’s). Sergio is the best goal scorer we have ever seen in a sky blue shirt. He is a certified GLOBAL legend for what he has done, yet in his 30’s, he is working harder than ever, both with AND WITHOUT the ball. Pep has taken a player who was already a 10/10 and made him better!! There is a lesson in there for every player, but none more do than Leroy.

I hope he learns it, but I’m afraid it looks like he will choose the “easy” option of returning to Germany to play for the perennial champions, make his Mum happy and get lots of adulation. It is certainly an intoxicating prospect, and I’m sure the pressure is intense, but I just feel like it would be a better footballing education to sign another 5/6 year deal at City and THEN move, if he wants to, as he will be reaching his prime 28-31 age range and can ride off into the sunset with a Bosman wad in his back pocket as well.

I’d venture that if he leaves, it will have zero overall effect on this squad, even without his goals and assists, because they will simply come from someone else. I hope we don’t have to find out, but I fear we will.
Good post.
I don't agree with him leaving having zero effect, I think we'll miss him. He's an outstanding player that can change games, and I think we'll be left with a big hole if he leaves us. That's my opinion anyway.
But I agree with the rest. If he wants to stop his shitty, childish sulking, and get his head down, I'd f*ckin'ove him to stay. However, if he's going to continue with this slapped arsed, I'll do it if I feel like it nonsense, Munich are welcome to him.
I just hope the situation gets sorted out soon.

Leroy must be worth £120m+ He would be very hard to replace (if we do even do that).

Look at the margins for error over the whole season, and what he actually contributed when not starting regularly.

Pep hinted at the start of last season his attitude wasn’t right so will let him go with a heavy heart.

This transfer was always going to happen as Munich are desperate, so should pay huge money for him too.

I see that the deflated fees have started to pop up in the media which makes sense as we might be on the seller’s side for once. £80m is the latest I saw.

There is no cheaper sulkers at his age who can regularly provide 10+ goals and 10+ assists every season in Premier League.
If he wasn't playing we wouldn't have played with 10 , somebody else would have played, just as we found Sterling, and Bernardo ans Sane, we’d find somebody else. Pep found Costa and Coman at Bayern , Pep makes the players the players don’t make us..

So what exactly has happened overnight to merit such newfound negativity this morning?

I’d keep Leroy for this season and see how it goes. Even with a year left on his contract you would get £50-70m for him and there would be way more clubs than just Bayern in for him

Will be a big miss but if he’s not happy let him go. His Mum (agent) is stopping him signing a new contract but I’ve read his American partner is not keen on moving to Germany. Sounds like the females in his life are tugging his balls in different directions, no wonder he’s not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.