Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane must be quite sure he will be the same player and won't suffer another bad injury to reason like that. If he refuses our offer and suffers another injury next summer, he'll be fucked. Bayern ain't offering him the same crazy wages after this horrific injury.
I'm not so sure "our offer" is still there waiting to be signed mate. I think the club will want to know he fully recovers before offering him a new contract now he has to undergo surgery. We only have to look at Mendy and all the problems he's had. Sorry for coming across a bit gloomy, just being realistic and not sentimental. I hope he makes a full recovery but he may not and the club have to consider this.

Maybe this injury can be a turning point for Sané - He will feel the love and support from the club and sign the dotted line. Here's to hoping :D

I don't think he will be expecting to get injured again when he comes back. And Bayern are irrelevant this summer, as they would never have paid the fee (or the reported wages) but if Barca & Real go further down the pan this season, as looks likely, then Leroy, in his last season, will be very tempting for both.

Also, either Ollerdyce will succeed (unlikely) or fail & be sacked maybe replaced by a proper manager. They would pay Leroy 600k pw to play there. Liverpool would be all over him if given the chance.

If I was him, I'd just wait it out now & then he holds all the cards.

Again, you are assuming that he will be the same.player and will have many offers. Which is quite hypothetical right now. An ACL injury increases the risk for suffering another ACL injury. Sane has already missed on millions of pounds for not signing a contract extension. If he refuses a new contract, he will run a big risk. Contracts protect players against misfortunes with bad injuries.

I'm not so sure "our offer" is still there waiting to be signed mate. I think the club will want to know he fully recovers before offering him a new contract now he has to undergo surgery. We only have to look at Mendy and all the problems he's had. Sorry for coming across a bit gloomy, just being realistic and not sentimental. I hope he makes a full recovery but he may not and the club have to consider this.

If it's not, then he's gone for sure.

I would hope the offer is still there.

According to Sky, Bayern are now after Perisic (Inter) and giving up on Sane ...
That’s only a 12 month loan though, seems it’s pretty obvious that unless we can get sane signed up during this period we will have the same problem next season.

Hoping sane will realise how much this club cares about him during this time out and signs a new deal, could be a blessing in disguise.

Again, you are assuming that he will be the same.player and will have many offers. Which is quite hypothetical right now. An ACL injury increases the risk for suffering another ACL injury. Sane has already missed on millions of pounds for not signing a contract extension. If he refuses a new contract, he will run a big risk. Contracts protect players against misfortunes with bad injuries.

I'm assuming he will expect to be back as normal, because that's how I would think.

If Bayern suddenly stop tapping him up, that might sway him to thinking he'd best sign, as they are not so keen as they said. However, if I was in their position I'd tap him up even more.

Wonder where all the BM players who were actively “tapping him up” are now. Can only see good wishes on Twitter from Boetang. That would make me wonder which club was genuine

Wonder where all the BM players who were actively “tapping him up” are now. Can only see good wishes on Twitter from Boetang. That would make me wonder which club was genuine
Coming out in the media talking about a player possibly signing is not tapping up. It’s crass and disrespectful but it’s not tapping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.