Dear Atheists..

Anyone in your family believe in God?
I’m guessing there’s a point to you answering these posts with that question?
Families are full of deluded nutjobs. Not necessarily to do with their religious beliefs but in general. Being family doesn’t make a difference really.

My "faith" that there is no God is founded in the fact that there is absolutely zero scientific evidence to suppose his/her/its existance.

A good quote I once heard, of an atheist talking to a devout Christian:

"You and I are very similar, having near identical theological views".

"Really?" Says the Christian.

Yes, the atheist replies, "There are 2500 Gods or deities, from the most ancient gods of polytheistic societies - Hittite, Sumerian, Mesopotamian - to the most contemporary gods of the major monotheistic religions - Allah, God, Yahweh"

You don't belive in 2,499 of them, whereas I don't believe in 2,500.

I’m guessing there’s a point to you answering these posts with that question?
Families are full of deluded nutjobs. Not necessarily to do with their religious beliefs but in general. Being family doesn’t make a difference really.
Does make a difference actually. Just wondering if those two would regard their own family's sincere beliefs in such a disrespectful way. For myself I try not to say things to a person on here that I wouldn't say to them in person. If for example someone called me a liar to my face they'd need a pretty strong case to leave the conversation physically undamaged but I'm a bit old-fashioned like that.

Does make a difference actually. Just wondering if those two would regard their own family's sincere beliefs in such a disrespectful way. For myself I try not to say things to a person on here that I wouldn't say to them in person. If for example someone called me a liar to my face they'd need a pretty strong case to leave the conversation physically undamaged but I'm a bit old-fashioned like that.

It's not disrespectful to say that an adherent would put a make believe fantasy before his or her family is it though? I don't have any devoutly religious person in my circle at all and I never would have, that's a choice I make.

Faith is different, people with their own belief system that isn't driven by a book with a blueprint they have to follow to live their lives I can get, that being said just because I get it it doesn't mean I believe any of it.

That doesn’t sound very ‘turn the other cheek’ but then having read your posts I reckon you’re on the wind up. Great commitment to your own private joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.