Dear Ric and Damocles

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Can you please put the start of the OP back when you hover over a thread title in the forum, instead of as it is now which is "unread posts", might give you extra page clicks by having to open a thread just because I can't see if I'm interested in the OP, but I don't like it.

It's nothing to with page clicks, I'm not sure you understand how disrespectful that suggestion is as you think that's the reason for absolutely everything and it's insulting. We have ridiculous traffic levels already without having to artificially boost them by screwing the userbase.

The reason is because we've just had a total rebuild of the code and have had numerous issues and features to bring back and this was lower down the list than things like "ability to login", "links disappearing" and "the ability to use the site on a mobile".

I was attempting to have brought back by tomorrow but as I say, we're working on a list of issues as part of the end of season clean up and this isn't critical. You might even have to wait until Wednesday at a stretch.

I like the way that you now only have to highlight text once, even if you want to do more than one thing with it (make it bold, colour it, underline it etc etc). compared to having to go through the whole highlighting procedure again. Good work Damo.

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Can you please put the start of the OP back when you hover over a thread title in the forum, instead of as it is now which is "unread posts", might give you extra page clicks by having to open a thread just because I can't see if I'm interested in the OP, but I don't like it.

It's nothing to with page clicks, I'm not sure you understand how disrespectful that suggestion is as you think that's the reason for absolutely everything and it's insulting. We have ridiculous traffic levels already without having to artificially boost them by screwing the userbase.

The reason is because we've just had a total rebuild of the code and have had numerous issues and features to bring back and this was lower down the list than things like "ability to login", "links disappearing" and "the ability to use the site on a mobile".

I was attempting to have brought back by tomorrow but as I say, we're working on a list of issues as part of the end of season clean up and this isn't critical. You might even have to wait until Wednesday at a stretch.

I don't think that's a fair insinuation back either 2bh, and you need to lighten up a bit, it was light hearted cynicism and you've been as highly strung today as my dad was yesterday, and he was pretty much unbearable. Chill. In fact the only post of mine to mention "page clicks" specifically is my OP, and I know I have made a couple of comments in the past, but not with any seriousness, as proven by the tabs point, which is that you told me off once for opening loads of tabs because it put extra pressure on the server. When I've complained about ads in the past it's been because they haven't worked properly, or been irritating i.e. those noisy ones from a while back, or the huge Paddy Power ads that turned up a few weeks back.

jimharri said:
I like the way that you now only have to highlight text once, even if you want to do more than one thing with it (make it bold, colour it, underline it etc etc). compared to having to go through the whole highlighting procedure again. Good work Damo.

What? When did this happen?

Damocles said:
We have ridiculous traffic levels already without having to artificially boost them by screwing the userbase

Yet I can imagine at least one or two on here that would be interested in participating in that as a proof of concept.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.