Death of a Football Legend and my Dad.....

Just went through it myself last year, devastating. Now City seems more important to me than ever, if that's possible, every time I watched them I was always just that bit closer to my dad, now more than ever. It feels like he's at my shoulder sometimes. They've switched to the upper tier pal, that's all.

RIP mate.

Here he is with his boys (It's in the blood and ChicagoBlue) and outside Eastlands, April 12, 2009, his 72nd birthday:

3655570431_8c649f0cf5_m.jpg
3656367498_43c15b232d_m.jpg

Malcolm Allison told him, "If I had met you before you were 29, I would have made you an England player" and Denis Law said of him, "I have never seen your father without a clean collar and a shine on his shoes. No wonder people call him Gentleman Jack." A suit and tie was his daily attire until the day he retired on his 70th birthday in 2007. Even then, he needed no excuse to wear a suit, shirt and tie. Old school gentleman to the last.

I am proud to be his son and am happy to share these pictures with fellow Blues. This was the last day I saw him alive. I will miss him every day for the rest of my life, but he and his name live on in my own son, Jack.

A very sad ChicagoBlue

P.S. You caught me unawares with this thread, Bro! When I realized it was Dad it opened the floodgates. :+{

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.