Death of a Football Legend and my Dad.....

My dad (like most people's dads on hear I expect), is responsible for me being a blue, but reading your tribute and all the comments will make me appreciate even more how lucky I am to still enjoy going to City with my dad.

Thoughts are with you your family.

To any relations of Jackie Swindells I send my condolences.
I write for a newspaper and which is also compiling an obituary of him. It would be much appreciated if any of you could get in touch with me via prxwest@yahoo.com as I want to make sure that the obituary is fair and accurate.
Yours in good faith
Patrick West

Keke Rosberg said:
My dad (like most people's dads on hear I expect), is responsible for me being a blue, but reading your tribute and all the comments will make me appreciate even more how lucky I am to still enjoy going to City with my dad.

Thoughts are with you your family.

im sorry for your loss, my dad (75) still goes with me and i dread this day happening to me

RIP blue man

I really want to express my sadness at hearing of your fathers death.

I read the sad news today in the local paper, and it affected me. I went into the garden and I had a think for a while. I was brought up watching Altrincham in the 60's, and your father was an absolute hero of mine. I always remember he used to blow a kiss to your mother every time he scored, and he did it many times, 80 times or so in one season.

I still live near Altrincham, and he has always been remembered with affection from all who saw him play.

I may watch premier league football, but nothng can take away the impact watching your father play had on me. As I wrote, he was my hero, and he always will be.

I don't know what else I can write as I am feeling upset now. It's not easy losing your hero, and your father was always a bigger hero to you than he will ever be to me.

I'm sorry.

God bless.

RIP Blue, it looks as if your father was a fantastic player in his time. May he live in you and your families hearts forever.

Best wishes in this time for you.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I really want to express my sadness at hearing of your fathers death.

I read the sad news today in the local paper, and it affected me. I went into the garden and I had a think for a while. I was brought up watching Altrincham in the 60's, and your father was an absolute hero of mine. I always remember he used to blow a kiss to your mother every time he scored, and he did it many times, 80 times or so in one season.

I still live near Altrincham, and he has always been remembered with affection from all who saw him play.

I may watch premier league football, but nothng can take away the impact watching your father play had on me. As I wrote, he was my hero, and he always will be.

I don't know what else I can write as I am feeling upset now. It's not easy losing your hero, and your father was always a bigger hero to you than he will ever be to me.

I'm sorry.

God bless.
Thank you for your comments. Our family are all very proud of our father and so thank full of the pleasure he brought to many on a football pitch. We are in the process of putting together his final crowd to play too.

Danny St.helens CTID said:
RIP BLUE

i also buried my brother today

Sorry to hear of your loss and I know it doesnt totally help but think of all the good times you had with him. We have all been enjoying the different stories we have concerning all the family in our sad time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.