Death penalty in UK.

yep said:
Danish Blue said:
when a society endorses the death penalty it cheapens the value of human life, it doesnt work as a deterrent and it sends the message that killing in certain circumstances is acceptable. Not a message which , in my opinion, is a healthy one for the society concerned.

" Killing in certain circumstances is acceptable" in the UK. The death penalty does exist in the UK. If a couple have sex and the woman becomes pregnant, she can legally apply for the death penalty for her child. This seems rather DRASTIC to me as she could give birth and have the child adopted as an alternative.This happens 190,000 times a year in the UK.

As said by Danish Blue, "when a society endorses the death penalty it cheapens the value of human life." It amazes me as to why society is puzzled by the violence it experiences- human life is very much cheapened by this death penalty law. If society allows innocent humans at the start of their development to be put to death why are some of you concerned about the odd innocent life which can occur with the death penalty?

If 190,000 lives are put to death just cos it might mess with their cosy standard of living why the fuss over killing murders etc?

I'll say beforehand that I'm not that familiar with the technicalities of gestation etc but...

I think you may aswell be against condoms etc if you think 'killing' a fetus, that doesn't even have a heartbeat, is murder.

An extra 190,000 people in the UK every year would solve the immigrant problem, borders would be shut.[/quote]

Bloody hell Darren. If that is an attempt at debate then give it up.

If it is an attempt at humour, disguised as a wind up, then the same applies.

The mind boggles Darren. You are better than this.

mackenzie said:

Perfectly good post.

We don't need what would be 190,000 unwanted babies filling up our already overflowing country. Imagine if abortion was banned everywhere?

ElanJo said:
yep said:
Danish Blue said:
when a society endorses the death penalty it cheapens the value of human life, it doesnt work as a deterrent and it sends the message that killing in certain circumstances is acceptable. Not a message which , in my opinion, is a healthy one for the society concerned.

" Killing in certain circumstances is acceptable" in the UK. The death penalty does exist in the UK. If a couple have sex and the woman becomes pregnant, she can legally apply for the death penalty for her child. This seems rather DRASTIC to me as she could give birth and have the child adopted as an alternative.This happens 190,000 times a year in the UK.

As said by Danish Blue, "when a society endorses the death penalty it cheapens the value of human life." It amazes me as to why society is puzzled by the violence it experiences- human life is very much cheapened by this death penalty law. If society allows innocent humans at the start of their development to be put to death why are some of you concerned about the odd innocent life which can occur with the death penalty?

If 190,000 lives are put to death just cos it might mess with their cosy standard of living why the fuss over killing murders etc?

I'll say beforehand that I'm not that familiar with the technicalities of gestation etc but...

I think you may aswell be against condoms etc if you think 'killing' a fetus, that doesn't even have a heartbeat, is murder.
Between 18 and 21 days after conception.

Scary.

Banned Tosspot said:
mackenzie said:

Perfectly good post.

We don't need what would be 190,000 unwanted babies filling up our already overflowing country. Imagine if abortion was banned everywhere?

Do you not think it immoral? That this society condones such a thing yet bleats on about Human Rights for all? And allows kids to have three abortions by the time they are twenty?

yep said:
Danish Blue said:

Are you the Pope ? If you are welcome to bluemoon your Eminence, but your policies on contraception are shit and you're priests are all paedophiles.

mackenzie said:
Banned Tosspot said:
mackenzie said:

Perfectly good post.

Do you not think it immoral? That this society condones such a thing yet bleats on about Human Rights for all? And allows kids to have three abortions by the time they are twenty?
I am Pro Choice.

Banned Tosspot said:
mackenzie said:
Banned Tosspot said:
mackenzie said:

Perfectly good post.

I am Pro Choice.

It isn't that simple.
Many live by that very same idea and abort several pregnancies.

As a human being it sickens me that we have this on such a large scale.

mackenzie said:
It isn't that simple.
Many live by that very same idea and abort several pregnancies.

As a human being it sickens me that we have this on such a large scale.
Well it's 'that simple' for me.

The world would be a better place if certain Religions and Countries weren't so backward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.