Death Valley California.

Have visited it twice. Stayed overnight at Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells. The incredible heat is my abiding memory. And driving outside the town after dark seeing the most incredible display of stars I've ever seen.

We loved all the South West's desert areas, just so alien to what we are used to.

Stayed at Furnace Creek a couple of times when driving round South West / California. Incredible part of the world. Will never forget leaving Death Valley in the morning and driving to Yosemite, where we stopped at the East entrance to throw snowballs in shorts and tee shirts.

Have visited it twice. Stayed overnight at Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells. The incredible heat is my abiding memory. And driving outside the town after dark seeing the most incredible display of stars I've ever seen.

We loved all the South West's desert areas, just so alien to what we are used to.

Got to hand it to the yanks, they know how to name a town or two.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.