Debt Banner for COMS?

pee dubyas crayons said:
Let's get our own back for that 34 yrs banner by having a debt banner at COMS - would have to be changed every week or longer if we round it up to the nearest hundred mill.

This is guaranteed to generate big publicity

Last time I checked it was £712 million

Is this a goer?

Don't mean to sound horrible mate but, absolutely fucking no chance! I don't want anything in our stadium to do with them fuckers! pro-City ONLY!!!!!!!!

AliceAyres said:
SI's Bald Head said:
I wish our fans would get on with supporting City and stop worrying/thinking about what is going on at the swamp - i don't give a shit how much debt they are in or who is running them into the ground or where there fookin fans come from

All i care about is Manchester City Football Club, it's owners, management, players and most importantly it's fans.......

You're in a very small minority there.

No he isn't! and if he is then we've got a hell of a lot of sad bastard United-obsessed fuckers supporting us! now these derbies are over with I don't want to even see a result of there's until the week before April17th when we play them again! fuckin Rag wankers, I don't give a flying fuck if they're in debt, not in debt, winning trophies, not winning trophies, dying on a runway, not dying on a runway...I'm a fuckin City fan - the only thing I'm interested in is City! fuck everyone else from Belfast to Brisbane!! if they aren't City then they can ALL fuckin do one!!

I must say, I never knew we'd lost our sense of humour when money came to the club.

So, instead of focussing on the money, perhaps the humour has already been made recently.

A banner repeating the "Welcome to Manchester" slogan will be just as funny and irritating to the Scum, surely, reminding them of the lack of Manchester support and the acquisition of Tevez?

But I'm sure some funny Blue is out there, lost in the humourless-newfound-money-luimbered fanbase...

seantheduck said:
seems a good idea...but

1. Too much focus on rags, this site is obsessed with them.
2. Banter all part of game, bragging and piss taking...but why 'follow' them with a banner?
3. We are better than that, can rise above it....we are CITY.
4. Think of other clubs up and down league....in debt, going out of business - bigger picture in footy at the minute and need to remember other clubs not won footy lottery!
5. Totally impracticle ... debt is going up so fast we would need to link it to our scoreboards!!

I love going to derby games, want them to be equal and last few have been great and a sign of whats in the future.....and to be honest I know a few rags, decent blokes who have supported the team 20 - 40 years (when they where shite) and have been priced out of going now...a debt banner would say - we are CITY, mega rich - fuck off the rest of you we dont care! not the CITY I think we should aim to be.

Excellent post.

danburge82 said:
AliceAyres said:
You're in a very small minority there.

No he isn't! and if he is then we've got a hell of a lot of sad bastard United-obsessed fuckers supporting us! now these derbies are over with I don't want to even see a result of there's until the week before April17th when we play them again! fuckin Rag wankers, I don't give a flying fuck if they're in debt, not in debt, winning trophies, not winning trophies, dying on a runway, not dying on a runway...I'm a fuckin City fan - the only thing I'm interested in is City! fuck everyone else from Belfast to Brisbane!! if they aren't City then they can ALL fuckin do one!!

Well said.

This is a very sensible and arguable issue, as posters far more clever and aware than me had pointed out at best above.

I'm the last City fan but already well proud and conscious of what an heritage I m involved in: I m already sharing with most of you two quite opposite feelings:
- on one hand, any time I see the plenty of cheap people acting on behalf of rags, behaving without dignity nor spotmanship nor respect, I feel the bitter gush out my bellies and would strongly like to react accordingly.
- on the other hand, as brillantly pointed out in a superb topic yesterday, well ahead than glory and pride arising from silverwares, City fans had established along a century a dominating statement of dignity and civility, which is a great heritage to be preserved and perpetuated.

On the above basis, my humble opinion is that a "rags like banner", particularly inside the home, would result in fall with the tradition of civilty all Blues had always enjoied to be proud of. even if I do not fail to savour how satisfactory it might be.
As up to me, I would prefer to wait for the first forthcoming achivement (why not hoping for FA cup?) to prepare a more sportsmanship banner, like some "here's the first goal of new baby, look, sooner plenty are gonna added more"...

Feel free up to the utmost criticism.

This was being discussed a week or so back, and at that time I agreed. Now though I realise I don't want anything to do with that scummy lot in our ground.

If we do anything we should get a statue or something to show our history

Their banner only shows that they are obsessed with us. They constantly change the banners on the Stratford end because they constantly want to one up each other on who's got the best banner. Let's not turn in to them.

If you want a banner, fine but lets just show our support to the team on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.