Decisions in Europe.

How many really good matches did City have in the Champions League in which somebody could say that they had more chances than the opponent...

Scaring Europe to Death said:
20? Really? behave!

You honestly think that Yaya didn't deserve to be sent off the other night (as did the CSKA player) or Balotelli against Kiev?

Was it the Refs fault when Moscow scored from a free header in the first minute?

Who are you blaming for Madrid's last minute winner or Bayern's the other week?

Yes, we should have had a penalty (and possibly two) in the Allianz the first time, but that;s not why City are struggling

20 isn't too far off the mark since the takeover IMO. Thought Yaya deserved to be sent off the other night, thought the red was harsh on Balo.

Not sure what Moscow scoring from a free header has to do with the referee unless you're going to talk about the decision to give a free in the first place.

Madrids winner, and Bayerns winner has nothing to do with referees.

We are hated in Europe, it really is us against the world when it comes to City in Europe. In Britain, other fans are actually quite positive about us (outside of the internet), but in Europe, every foreign football fan I've spoken to hates City because we've got money. That's why we're getting so many bad decisions from these third-world refs.

The prem is far more important to me than the champions league but I'd still love to win it just to put one over on all those foreign cunts who despise us.

The prick who gave a penalty against MD (vs Barcelona) when it was outside the box.

The Fernandinho sending off.

Booking the wrong CSKA player.

The CSKA penalty in the first leg.

Refs against Sporting Lisbon and Dynamo Kiev doing absolutely nothing about time-wasting.

Ref sending off Zabaleta at the Nou Camp and not giving the Dzeko penalty.

moomba said:
Not sure what Moscow scoring from a free header has to do with the referee unless you're going to talk about the decision to give a free in the first place.

Madrids winner, and Bayerns winner has nothing to do with referees.
I think the point being made, is that these goals were the reason for us losing the games, and not the refereeing decisions.

Just going back to Wednesday night, the referee was dodgy at best, however the reason we didn't get anything was 2 awful goals given away, too many missed chances, and two stupid idiots getting themselves sent off (neither of these decisions can be questioned).

We need to stop looking for other scapegoats and start pointing the finger at the players we have, who aren't doing the business at either end of the pitch.

cleavers said:
I think the point being made, is that these goals were the reason for us losing the games, and not the refereeing decisions.

I disagree with the point then. The loss was down to a number of factors, including our performance and the referees performance.

Just going back to Wednesday night, the referee was dodgy at best, however the reason we didn't get anything was 2 awful goals given away, too many missed chances, and two stupid idiots getting themselves sent off (neither of these decisions can be questioned).

I'd question the Fernandinho booking, particularly in light of the decision not to book their right back (for a couple of tackles on Milner), the player involved in the Yaya red (Eremenko) and the mistaken identity player that UEFA now claims wasnt not considered a yellow card offence. Had the ref done his job we would have got something despite our performance IMO.

We need to stop looking for other scapegoats and start pointing the finger at the players we have, who aren't doing the business at either end of the pitch.

Or we can just discuss all aspects of the game. Criticising the refs doesnt mean we can't also criticise our performance, or players on the night.

We have had some bad decisions all right but that is not an excuse for our piss poor performances.

When we someday play in Europe like we can I will start to bother about the decisions. Until that it just makes us look sore losers IMHO.

Dunne's own goal said:
Until that it just makes us look sore losers IMHO.
That's exactly how I feel. The clown in charge on Wednesday was either totally inept or bent (and as you do with clowns I ended up laughing at him).

However the two goals we let in were definitely inept, and if they hadn't got them the score would have read 1-0.

cleavers said:
moomba said:
I'd question the Fernandinho booking, particularly in light of the decision not to book their right back
If you mean the first one I agree, however he had had the first one, so the second foul was just idiotic.
Don't really have a problem with the booking for the first one to be honest, pretty clear cut yellow to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.