Decisions in Europe.

Dunne's own goal said:
Until that it just makes us look sore losers IMHO.

I'm pretty comfortable with my ability to talk impartially about refereeing (good and bad) whether we win, lose or draw. I think it's an issue that not only we should be able to discuss on places like this but I hope the club is taking actions.

If others think it's just a case of sour grapes, then so be it.

cleavers said:
moomba said:
Not sure what Moscow scoring from a free header has to do with the referee unless you're going to talk about the decision to give a free in the first place.

Madrids winner, and Bayerns winner has nothing to do with referees.
I think the point being made, is that these goals were the reason for us losing the games, and not the refereeing decisions.

Just going back to Wednesday night, the referee was dodgy at best, however the reason we didn't get anything was 2 awful goals given away, too many missed chances, and two stupid idiots getting themselves sent off (neither of these decisions can be questioned).

We need to stop looking for other scapegoats and start pointing the finger at the players we have, who aren't doing the business at either end of the pitch.

Cheers Fella
The point I was trying to make (and I can’t be arsed falling out with anybody over this) is that so many things went wrong on Wednesday, it’s a bit naive to blame it all on the referee.
It was only last Sunday when Van Gaal referred to Smalling as stupid for diving in recklessly when he had already had a yellow. We can’t smile smugly, and then complain when Fernandinho does exactly the same thing (or for that matter Zabaleta against Chelsea)
On a similar theme I remember pissing myself when United had a perfectly legitimate goal disallowed against Porto, especially when Porto knocked them out in the last minute.
United’s disciplinary record was always far worse in Europe than the Premier League. They interpret the rules differently in the CL and it’s about time we took heed.

I wonder if Viktor Kassai had given one of the two stonewall penalties against Bayern Munich (in 2011) if our team's whole mentality in Europe would have improved early on and we never would have been so utterly wank in Europe for so long.

LoveCity said:
I wonder if Viktor Kassai had given one of the two stonewall penalties against Bayern Munich (in 2011) if our team's whole mentality in Europe would have improved early on and we never would have been so utterly wank in Europe for so long.

I wouldn't wonder about it for long. Our shitness has a lot more to it than a lack of confidence and/or shit decisions IMHO. Sure if we were brimming with confidence and we didn't have these refereeing travesties, then no doubt results would have been better, but everything would still not be all roses.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
To be fair,
The key to success is grasping your opportunities so you don't leave your whole season resting on one decision.
Life lesson boys, hope the players read that too mate

LoveCity said:

Possibly, or possibly not.
Of course we’re assuming that City would have scored the penalties.
Let’s not forget that when Chelsea won the CL both Barcelona and Bayern missed penalties at crucial times.
As I stated previously it makes things a lot easier if you play well in the first place and only have to rely on things that you can control.

andrewmswift said:
To be fair, if it wasn't for a few soft penalties in our favour against Dortmund, Real Madrid, and Ajax a few years ago our CL record would be even worse.

But seriously, Chelsea were cheated against Barcelona in 2009, but won the CL with outrageous good fortune in 2011.

The key to success is grasping your opportunities so you don't leave your whole season resting on one decision.

It's not fucking one decision. It's about 20 of them over four years by now. FFS.

20? Really? behave!

You honestly think that Yaya didn't deserve to be sent off the other night or Balotelli against Kiev?

Was it the Refs fault when Moscow scored from a free header in the first minute?

Who are you blaming for Madrid's last minute winner or Bayern's the other week?

Yes, we should have had a penalty (and possibly two) in the Allianz the first time, but that;s not why City are struggling

so the free kick clichy conceded that led to the "free" header was correct ? Look i dont particularly like rags posting on here , but grow a pair of bollocks and nail your colours to the mast.

LoveCity said:

Possibly, or possibly not.
Of course we’re assuming that City would have scored the penalties.
Let’s not forget that when Chelsea won the CL both Barcelona and Bayern missed penalties at crucial times.
As I stated previously it makes things a lot easier if you play well in the first place and only have to rely on things that you can control.
Fuck what i said before. Sniff fucking Sniff

We got the pen against Dortmund in the last minute which was dodgy.

Other than that I can't remember anything of significance going for us. Not read the rest of the thread but just in case it hasn't been mentioned, the foul on navas that wasn't given just before demichelis got the red card and barca got the pen for the foul which was outside the box. The foul not given on navas was totally out of place with the way way the rest of the game was refereed.

The slaughtered lamb said:
We got the pen against Dortmund in the last minute which was dodgy.

Widely reported as a dodgy decision, but quite similar to the Clichy one which was widely reported as a good decision.

For me, both decisions were very soft, but technically correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.